Subject: [VIPR] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-jennings-vipr-overview-04.txt

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:12:37 -0600

There is no substantial changes in this document - just updating a
couple references to keep the doc alive.  At this point, it is not
clear to me what the plan is for the VIPR WG or any of the documents.
There had been some discussion of publishing some of the documents as
"this is what's been implemented by Cisco" as informational, I guess.
Or whether the plan is just to close the WG.  But, again, I figured it
wouldn't hurt to keep the document updated for now.

BTW, I think this document could be revised as informational and
published as is.

Regards,
Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-jennings-vipr-overview-04.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Verification Involving PSTN Reachability:
Requirements and Architecture Overview
        Author(s)       : Mary Barnes
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Marc Petit-Huguenin
        Filename        : draft-jennings-vipr-overview-04.txt
        Pages           : 28
        Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) has seen widespread deployment
   within individual domains, typically supporting voice and video
   communications.  Though it was designed from the outset to support
   inter-domain federation over the public Internet, such federation has
   not materialized.  The primary reasons for this are the complexities
   of inter-domain phone number routing and concerns over security.
   This document reviews this problem space, outlines requirements, and
   then describes a new model and technique for inter-domain federation
   with SIP involving the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN),
   called Verification Involving PSTN Reachability (VIPR).  VIPR
   addresses the problems that have prevented inter-domain federation
   over the Internet.  It provides fully distributed inter-domain
   routing for phone numbers, authorized mappings from phone numbers to
   domains, a new technique for automated SIP anti-spam, and privacy of
   number ownership, all while preserving the trapezoidal model of SIP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-vipr-overview

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-vipr-overview-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jennings-vipr-overview-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:21:37 +0000

I think there is one security issue that Darrel has proposed text for that I and others need to review then I think we should be good to publish