Subject: [vmeet] RFID readers at IETF 76

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 07:57:23 -0800

Hi,

I cannot attend IETF 76 in Hiroshima but it would be nice if somebody could send
me some photos of the RFID readers that will be used.  I am especially
interested by the way the RFID readers are attached to the microphone stand, and
how they are used by somebody speaking at the microphone.

Thanks.

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org

---

From: John Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:21:22 -0500

Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I cannot attend IETF 76 in Hiroshima

   Neither can I...

> but it would be nice if somebody could send me some photos of the
> RFID readers that will be used.  I am especially interested by the way
> the RFID readers are attached to the microphone stand, and how they are
> used by somebody speaking at the microphone.

   I suspect others are also interested...

   Myself, I have heard reference to them but I have no idea what they
actually _do_ -- and I wonder whether it's practical to copy their output
into jabber.

--
John Leslie <[email-masked]>

---

From: Doug Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:16:34 +0900

> actually _do_ -- and I wonder whether it's practical to copy their  

The reader (white plastic connector) appears to be a device plugged  
into an ipod touch feed by a USB connector to a power adapter.  The  
tag is about the size of a business card.

-Doug

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:22:31 -0800

Hi Doug,

Doug Otis wrote:
> The reader (white plastic connector) appears to be a device plugged into
> an ipod touch feed by a USB connector to a power adapter.  The tag is
> about the size of a business card.

Thanks for the photos.  Would it be possible to have just one more with the
whole microphone stand, perhaps with a attendee talking in the microphone.  This
is to have an idea of the placement and size of the reader.

Thanks.

---

From: Marc Manthey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:32:08 +0100

>>>> I cannot attend IETF 76 in Hiroshima

thought its a remote partizipant project , so anybody could attend ? ;)

*scnr*

greetings

Marc

--   
Les enfants teribbles - research / deployment
Marc Manthey- Vogelsangerstrasse 97
50823 Köln - Germany
Geo: 50.945554, 6.920293
PGP/GnuPG: 0x1ac02f3296b12b4d
Tel.:0049-221-29891489
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231
project : http://opencu.org.uk
blog: http://macbroadcast.org

Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and  
certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).

Please note that according to the German law on data retention,  
information on every electronic information exchange with me is  
retained for a period of six months.

---

From: Marc Manthey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:13:02 +0100

i see some are interested in RFID  ;)

http://seattle.intel-research.net/~jrsmith/neuralwisp.pdf

cu