Subject: [vmeet] Floor control

From: Simon Pietro Romano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:43:46 +0200

Hi all,

I did not make the comment at today's meeting, since I did not want to 
take too much time out of the busy agenda. Though, I would like to 
insist on one point raised by Joel, related to the need for floor 
control. Indeed, I do believe this becomes a mandatory requirement, 
especially if you want to allow for multiple 'request sources' (locals + 
remotes, not to say multiple microphones in a single meeting room, etc.) 
to be somehow mixed up in a single virtual queue. I would like to have 
your opinions on this and will certainly (re)propose the UMPIRE 
experiment (http://ietf83.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/UMPIRE_Project) at 
next IETF meeting.

Cheers,

Simon

-- 
                             _\\|//_
                             ( O-O )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     Simon Pietro Romano
               Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                  Computer Science Department
         Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                 e-mail: [email-masked]
           http://www.comics.unina.it/simonpietro.romano

     <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                          oooO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           \ (    (   )
                            \_)    ) /
                                  (_/