Subject: [vmeet] UMPIRE experiment @ tomorrow's session

From: Simon Pietro Romano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:25:53 +0200

Dear all,

this is the final reminder about the UMPIRE moderation experiment we're 
going to have tomorrow at the SOC session. Once more, if you're 
wondering what this is all about, you can have a quick look at this 
page: http://ietf83.conf.meetecho.com/index.php/UMPIRE_Project. We have 
15 RFID tags to distribute among those who are volunteering to actively 
participate. All you have to do, if you are going to attend the session 
in person, is drop us an e-mail ([email-masked]) and tell us your 
preferred nickname for the session. We'll assign you one of those tags 
and hand it to you before the session starts. With the provided tag, 
you'll just have to 'reserve' your place in the UMPIRE queue before 
speaking into the mic (by swiping your tag over the reader close to the 
mic itself). If you swipe once, you request the floor; when you swipe 
again, you release it (and so on and so forth...).
We are also eagerly looking for 'remote' volunteers; in this latter case 
you just have to log into the session and ask for the audio floor in 
case you want to inject your audio into the room. In case we have no 
such volunteers, we'll just 'play' the remote participant role ourselves 
(by forcing a couple of Meetecho team members to go out of the meeting 
room and call us from the outside!). So, if you are going to be remote, 
just ping us (possibly a little in advance with respect to the session's 
start time).

Thank you in advance for your participation and see you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Simon

-- 
                             _\\|//_
                             ( O-O )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o00~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                     Simon Pietro Romano
               Universita' di Napoli Federico II
                  Computer Science Department
         Phone: +39 081 7683823 -- Fax: +39 081 7684219
                 e-mail: [email-masked]
           http://www.comics.unina.it/simonpietro.romano

     <<Molti mi dicono che lo scoraggiamento è l'alibi degli
    idioti. Ci rifletto un istante; e mi scoraggio>>. Magritte.
                          oooO
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(   )~~ Oooo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                           \ (    (   )
                            \_)    ) /
                                  (_/