Subject: [vmeet] Comments on draft-ietf-genarea-rps-reqs-04

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 16:30:03 +0300

Hi Paul,

thanks for putting this document together. I have a few very minor comments:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-genarea-rps-reqs-04

The Abstract and, more importantly, the Introduction could be clearer on
the fact that virtual meetings (i.e., nobody is physically present) and
the store and play out of previously-held meetings are in the scope of
the document.

Rephrase the following sentence:

   Experimental support for two
   integrated tools, WebEx and Meetecho, are used to sync the audio and
   slides during the meeting, and also replay them in the proceedings.

For example, "Two tools that are experimentally supported, WebEx and
Meetecho, are used ..."

The document says that the tools should not significantly affect the
experiences of local attendees and WG chairs. I would say that the tools
should not *negatively* affect local attendees, as we already know that
existing tools positively affect some local attendees (e.g., people in
the meeting room far from the screen looking at the slides at their
laptops).

Requirement 04-01 uses the "MUST ... unless" construct. That means it is
not a MUST, it is a SHOULD, doesn't it?

Could Requirement 04-04 be rephrased so that it requires that the
playout of the different media components can be synchronized?

Section 2.3 says that audio from remote attendees giving presentations
is a second priority, even though Requirement 04-24 sets it at the MUST
level. What does it mean for that requirement to be a second-priority MUST?

Requirement 04-63 does not seem to be a requirement on the tool to be used.

Thanks,

Gonzalo