Subject: [vnfpool] CFP: Workshop on Dependability Issues on SDN and NFV - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:22:26 -0500 (EST)

===================================================================
                               D I S N'' 2 0 1 5
        Workshop  on Dependability Issues in SDN and NFV
                           http://www.inf.ufpr.br/disn

 The 45th IEEE/IFIP Int. Con. on Dependable Systems and Networks
                              Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
                                June 22, 2015

                    C A L L     F O R      P A P E R S
                             Deadline: Mar 8, 2015
===================================================================

Software-Defined Networks (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
are two technologies that have already had a deep impact on computer and
telecommunication networks. Software Defined Networks (SDN) decouple
network control from forwarding functions, enabling network control to
become directly programmable and the underlying infrastructure to be
abstracted from applications and network services. Network Functions
Virtualization (NFV) is a network architecture concept where IT
virtualization techniques are used to implement network node functions as
building blocks that may be combined, or chained, together to create
communication services. SDN and NFV make it simpler and faster to deploy
and manage new services, avoiding the cost and the long time frame
required to design and implement hardware-based network services.
Furthermore, these technologies allow the existing hardware infrastructure
to be effectively used, as services can be (re-)allocated according to
requirements, resources and load.

SDN and NVF introduce numerous dependability challenges. In terms of
reliability, the challenges range from the design of reliable new SDN and
NFV technologies to the adaptation of classical network functions to these
technologies. The effective, dependable deployment of the virtual network
on the physical substrate is particularly important. In terms of security,
the challenges are enormous, as SDN and NFV are meant to be the very
fabric of both the Internet and private networks. Threats, privacy
concerns, authentication issues, and isolation - defining a truly secure
virtualized network requires work on multiple fronts.

Topics include but are not limited to:

    Fault characterization in SDN and NFV
    Fault monitoring in SDN and NFV
    Dependability strategies to tolerate faults in SDN and NFV
    Virtual-Physical Network Allocation
    Dependable Network Programmability
    Security of SDN infrastructures
    Isolation & privacy in virtualized network environments
    Dependability of virtualization technologies in SDN and NFV
    Management of SDN and NFV
    Practical experience reports on dependability issues of SDN and NFV

Submissions must be up to 8 pages and must adhere to the IEEE Computer
Society camera-ready; two-column camera-ready format (using a 10-point
font on 12-point single-spaced leading). The templates are reproduced
below for your convenience, and further details can be found here.
Submission website:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=disn2015

Important Dates:

    Submission deadline: March 8, 2015
    Author notification: April 15, 2015
    Camera-ready: April 22, 2015
    Workshop: June 22, 2015

Technical Program Committee

    Marinho Barcelos, UFRGS, Brazil
    Marco Canini, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
    Luciano Gaspary, UFRGS, Brazil
    Lisandro Granville, UFRGS, Brazil
    Dorgival Guedes, UFMG, Brazil
    Magnos Martinello, UFES, Brazil
    Fernando Ramos, University of Lisbon, Portugal
    Christian Rothenberg, Unicamp, Brazil
    Richard Schlichting, AT&T Labs, U.S.A.
    D. D. Sharma, AT&T, U.S.A.
    Robert Soule, University of Lugano, Switzerland
    Paulo Verissimo, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg

DISN'2015 Chairs & Contact

Elias P. Duarte Jr., Federal University of Parana, Brazil
[email-masked]
Matti Hiltunen, AT&T Labs, USA
[email-masked]