Subject: [vnrg] comments on draft-shin-virtualization-meta-arch-01

From: WashamFan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:43:38 +0800

Hi,

I review this doc and have some comments as below:

1. In section 1, I think the order of benefits of server virtualization 
should be intuitively corresponded to the order of benefits of  
virtualization described earlier. So, I'd like switch the second bullet
and the third for benefits of server virtualization

for the third bullet for benifits of virtualization, I don't know how
the term 'Encapsulation' related to described easier deployment
and provision benefits. In your ppt presented in IETF77, you use
'abstraction' instead.

2. In section 3, I don't know all the requirements are applied
to isolation VNs or aggregation VNs or both? It might hard to
distinguish these 2 types. E.g., we deployed 3 VNs on top of 
the existing infrastructure in my department, when we consolidate
computing resources from another department with my department,
the 3 VNs could be expanded as well. The isolation and aggregation
VNs co-exist.

3. In section 4, you gave us an example where different service providers
use different VNs, what if users want to use services provided by 
different providers, should they join different VNs (explicitly or implicitly)?

Thanks,
washam