Subject: [vnrg] Nomcom 2010-2011: Second Call for Volunteers

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:50:23 -0700

Hi, all,

I'm forwarding this as requested.

Joe (as VNRG co-chair)

-------

From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]
Date: June 21, 2010 5:49:08 PM EDT
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Nomcom 2010-2011: Second Call for Volunteers

Hi all,

This is the Second call for Volunteers for the 2010-11 nomcom.  We are
just about halfway through the volunteer period so if you are
considering, volunteering please do so very soon.

I am pleased to report that we have 29 volunteers thus far whose
qualifications have been confirmed by the secretariat. I have notified
each of these volunteers by email.

If you volunteered before 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC) on June 21 to serve
as a voting member and have not received a confirmation email from me,
please re-submit and bring to my attention right away!

However, we need many more volunteers.  You have until 17:00 PDT
(24:00 UTC) on July 8, 2010 to volunteer for nomcom but it is much better
if you volunteer as early as possible.  The more volunteers, the better
chance we have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF
pouplation.

As a reminder, volunteers must have attended 3 of the past 5 IETF
meetings - per RFC 3777, which means 3 of the following meetings:
IETF-73, IETF-74, IETF-75, IETF-76 and IETF-77.  If you qualify, and are
willing to forgo appointment to any of the positions for which the nominating
committee is responsible, please volunteer.

The 10 nominating committee members are selected randomly from a
pool of volunteers.  The details of the operation of nomcom may be found in
RFC 3777.  The process on how to volunteer for nomcom is in the initial
announcement:  https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2330/

The lists of open positions and people whose terms end in March 2011
and thus the positions for which the nominating committee is responsible
are summarized in the initial announcement:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2330/

The 29 volunteers who have thus far been qualified by the secretariat
are:

Fred Baker, Cisco Systems
Stephan Wenger, Vidyo, Inc.
Marc Blanchet, Viagenie
Lixia Zhang, UCLA
John Drake, Juniper Networks
Ole Troan, Cisco
Jiankang Yao, CNNIC
Wassim Haddad, Ericsson
Yi Zhao, Huawei USA
Teemu Savolainen, Nokia
Jouni Korhonen, Nokia Siemens Networks
Mehmet Ersue, Nokia Siemens Networks
Christian Schmidt, Nokia Siemens Networks
Stephen Hanna, Juniper Networks
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Eric Gray, Ericsson
David Sinicrope, Ericsson
Jan Melen, Ericsson
Richard Barnes, BBN Technologies
Hugo Salgado Hernandez, NIC Chile
Ning Zong, Huawei Technologies
Qin Wu, Huawei Technologies
Karen Seo, BBN Technologies
Haibin Song, Huawei Technologies
Susan Hares, Huawei Technologies
Tony Hansen. AT&T Labs
Fuqing Huang, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Huub van Helvoort, Huawei Technologies
Miya Kohno, Juniper Networks

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin just prior to
IETF-78 in Maastricht and should be completed in early January 2011.  The
nomcom will be collecting requirements from the community, as well as talking to
candidates and to community members about candidates. There will be
weekly conference calls to ensure progress. Thus, being a nomcom member does
require some time commitment.

While, there is no requirement in RFC 3777 that a participant attend
IETF meetings while serving on nomcom, please consider that during the IETF
meetings, people that do not attend would be expected to remotely
participate during the day in the time zones of the meeting
locations - Maastricht at the end of July and Beijing in November.

If you are not yet sure you would like to volunteer, please consider
that nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the leadership
of the IETF.  Ensuring the leadership of the IETF is fair and balanced and
comprised of those who can lead the IETF in the right direction is an
important responsibility that rests on the IETF participants at large.
Volunteering for the nomcom is a good way of contributing in that
direction.

Please volunteer by sending an email before:
17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC) July 8, 2010 as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2010-11 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the body:

<Your Full Name // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
                 // First/Given name followed by Last/Family Name

<Current Primary Affiliation
                 // typically what goes in the Company field
                 // in the IETF Registration Form

[<all email addresses used to Register for the past 5 IETF meetings]
<Preferred email address //

<Telephone number        // For confirmation if selected

Please expect an email response from me within 3 days stating
whether or not you are qualified.  If you don't receive a response, please re-
send your email with the tag "Duplicate:" added to the subject line.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, Nomcom 2010-11
Email: [email-masked]