Subject: [VoT] New Non-WG Mailing List: vot -- Vectors of Trust discussion list

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:29:02 -0700

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vot/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vot

Purpose:

Since the publication of RFC 2527 there have been several attempts to
standardize technology-independent frameworks for describing the 
concerns that go into a determination of inter-organizational and 
transactional trust.

Notable examples include NIST SP 800-63, The Kantara Identity Assurance
Framework (historically originating from the Liberty Alliance and
Electronic Authentication Partnership) and ISO 29115. These documents 
have been profiled and reworked a number of times in the last few years.

The [email-masked] list is for discussion of a common set of baseline
"vectors of trust": common, orthogonal aspects of organization, 
technology and policy that help to determine the level of assurance that 
can be placed in a deployment of digital identity technology. Work will 
draw on deployment experience related to web identity technology (eg 
SAML, OAUTH and OpenID Connect) as well as experience with current state 
of the art in identity assurance. 

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.

---

From: Steve Olshansky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:01:27 +0000

> From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
> Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: vot -- Vectors of Trust discussion list
> Date: September 11, 2014 at 3:29:02 PM MDT
> To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
>