Subject: Gratuitous ARP

From: Apoorva Bhatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 16:42:53 -0700

Sorry guys if this topic has already been discussed before.
I am doing a collective survey and it would be great to know which
endhost vendors support Gratuitous ARP and which ones do not.

I got a message from Acee Lindem (Thanks to Acee!) that BSD 4.3/4.4
honors Gratuitous ARPs. If Gratuitous ARP is not supported on all
platforms, then can somebody convince me why VRRP is a practical and a
great implementation and not proprietary ones like Cisco's HSRP, etc.

Thanks,
Apoorva Bhatt

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 16:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

|  If Gratuitous ARP is not supported on all
|  platforms, then can somebody convince me why VRRP is a practical and a
|  great implementation and not proprietary ones like Cisco's HSRP, etc.

It's going to be very hard to convince you of something that isn't true.
;-)

Tony