Subject: Draft of VRRP MIB is available

From: Brian Jewell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 08:38:17 -0800 (PST)

Everyone,

I have released an Internet Draft of a proposed VRRP MIB to the IETF entitled

   draft-ietf-vrrp-mib-01

Since the WG meeting is approaching, I was concerned that it might not become 
available on the IETF web site in time. The file is also somewhat large to be 
propagating to the mailing list. So, for those who are interested in the subject 
of VRRP management, if you send a request to

   [email-masked]
   
I will gladly forward you a copy.

Bob Hinden has agreed to include the VRRP MIB as an agenda item in the upcoming 
WG meeting. 

The MIB attempts to provide tables and objects to more effectively manage VRRP 
routers. One of the problems with HSRP is that it tends to confuse topology 
managers, such as HP Openview and NetView/AIX. A well-designed VRRP MIB can 
provide a means for applications to effectively sort out the logical relocation 
of an IP address when a backup router takes-over.

I would welcome any questions or feedback that can be posted to the mailing 
list. But I will be on vacation the week of Thanksgiving, so there might be a 
"black hole" during which time there won't be a response.

Thanks.

-Brian Jewell
-3Com, Inc.

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 21:28:24 -0800

Brian,

Was this submitted to be an internet draft (e.g., sent to
[email-masked]).  I can find it.  I had assumed that you were
going to submit it.

Bob