Subject: [VRRP] WG Milestons and Plan

From: Mukesh Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:03:20 -0800

Hi Folks,

As you all know that I have taken the responsibility of being the WG
chair. I would like to start with updating the milestones for the WG. I
also want to list
what needs to be done in the WG.

Here are the Proposed WG Milestones. Please review them. I would
consider them ok if I don't see any comments till Dec 9th.

Mar 2003: Resolve open issues with authentication methods
Mar 2003: Submit updated version of VRRP (IPv4) for Draft Standard
May 2003: Submit VRRP for IPv6 (VRRPv3) for Proposed Standard
July 2003: Submit MIB for VRRPv3 for Proposed Standard
xxx  2003: Review the WG goals and future potential

Here are the items that need attention. I am going to start separate
threads for these items so that we don't mix things up.

- Ravi Singh questioned the security in VRRP. We need to resolve the
issue and update the VRRPv2 and VRRPv3 drafts accordingly.

- We need to review VRRPv3 and the available implementations to move
ahead with the specs.

- We need to decide if we need separate spec for VRRPv3 MIB or we can
update the existing MIB to accomodate VRRPv3. We need volunteers to do
this work.

I would appreciate if the WG members can spare some time and help us
wrap things up.

regards
Mukesh

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp

---

From: Kripakaran Karlekar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:30:31 -0800

Mukesh,
I would like to work on  the VRRPv3 MIB. I can  take a look at the 
existing MIB and see
if we need a separate one or appending to the existing one should be 
sufficient, with the help
of the current authors.  
Thanks,
Kripa