Subject: [VRRP] (no subject)

From: "ashish thakur" <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Nov 2002 07:58:13 -0000

If somebody could help me understanding the following
part of Section 7.1 Receiving VRRP Packets :

"If the packet was not generated by the address owner(Priority 
does not equal 255(decimal)), the receiver MUST drop the packet, 
otherwise continue processing"

To my undersatnding it means that discard all the VRRP packets 
which are not sent by an address owner, and if so the whole 
purpose of VRRP will be lost . I think i am missing something out 
here or their is something else ?

If virtual router is configured such that their is no VRRP address 
owner then as per as above , every VRRP router will discard the 
advertisements and become Master.

__________________________________________________________
Give your Company an email address like
ravi @ ravi-exports.com.  Sign up for Rediffmail Pro today!
Know more. http://www.rediffmailpro.com/signup/

_______________________________________________
vrrp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/vrrp