Subject: [VRRP] Please clear draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec 3

From: Stephen Nadas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:46:19 -0400

Hi Jari,

Will the below changes to the figures (analogous to the other not shown here)  let you clear this comment?

Thanks,
Steve

Comment text:

  In the figures illustrating sample configurations in section 4, it is
  not clear which IP address labels denote a host's own IP address vs.
  which denote the IP address of the router that a host is using.
  Both is currently denoted "IPvX A" in the figure.  Suggest
  distinguishing the two types of labels more clearly.

Blue is proposed new "text":

          +-----------+ +-----------+
          |   Rtr1    | |   Rtr2    |
          |(MR VRID=1)| |(BR VRID=1)|
          |           | |           |
  VRID=1  +-----------+ +-----------+
  IPvX A--------->*            *<---------IPvX B
                  |            |
                  |            |
------------------+------------+-----+----------+----------+----------+--
                                     ^          ^          ^          ^
                                     |          |          |          |
  default rtr IPvX addresses ---> (IPvX A)   (IPvX A)   (IPvX A)   (IPvX A)
                                     |          |          |          |
                                     |          |          |          |
                            IPvX H1->* IpvX H2->* IPxX H3->* IpvX H4->*
                                  +--+--+    +--+--+    +--+--+    +--+--+
                                  |  H1 |    |  H2 |    |  H3 |    |  H4 |
                                  +-----+    +-----+    +--+--+    +--+--+
   Legend:
         --+---+---+-- = Ethernet, Token Ring, or FDDI
                     H = Host computer
                    MR = Master Router
                    BR = Backup Router
                    *  =  IPvX Address, X is 4 everywhere in IPv4 case
                                        X is 6 everywhere in IPv6 case
                    (IPvX) = default router for hosts