Subject: [vwrap] Working Draft: SNOW-375

From: Dzonatas Sol <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 07:01:16 -0700

Hi,

SNOW-375 is at a point to feature freeze and to fill-in development on 
whats already included. Icesphere (C# based client to Snowglobe & Second 
Life) uses SNOW-375 as a ReST based API. This shares concepts with VWRAP.

Currently writing the resource dictionary, but here is an excerpt of 
documentation just put together:

    Overview

SNOW-375 is an API to the Snowglobe code base to query reflexive 
information that affects Avatar, Agent, Assets, Inventory, Gestures, and 
other states of the client as it interacts with the virtual world. In 
order to enable the widest range of devices and scripts to communicate 
with the client, the API is language-agnostic. The flexibility of 
client-side scripting is a significant feature of SNOW-375.

SNOW-375 allows for a multi-headed client architecture instead of a 
single monolithic design. There are many possibilities to this besides 
client-side scripting, like augmented reality devices, gesture 
recognition devices, social networking, advanced heads-up displays, 
integrated desktop programs (desklets), joysticks, machinima tools, and 
many more. Multi-headed clients are also significant, yet its transport 
layer may be platform dependent.

Read more: 
http://icyspherical.blogspot.com/2010/07/overview-snow-375-is-api-to-snowglobe.html

-- 
--- https://twitter.com/Dzonatas_Sol ---
Web Development, Software Engineering, Virtual Reality, Consultant