Subject: Requesting IESG Approval for the Media Type application/xenc+xml

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:29:40 -0400

Dear IESG participants,

This message is to request approval for the registration of the media
type "application/xenc+xml", as described in the XML Encryption Syntax
and Processing, section 8.2 [1] or [2]. This message follows the
procedure described in the Media Type Specifications and Registration
Procedures, section 5.2, "IESG Approval" [3]. This proposed media type
was sent for preliminary community review on August 16, 2005 [4]. No
comments were received since then. Therefore, we believe it is now
ready for IESG approval.

Thank you,

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlenc-core/#sec-MediaType-Registration
[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmlenc-core-20021210/#sec-MediaType-Registration
[3]
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-media-type-reg-05.txt
[4]
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2005-August/000868.html

---

From: "Scott Hollenbeck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:06:36 -0400

[removing IESG since they saw my scheduling request]

Philippe,

I have asked the IETF Secretariat to schedule this request for discussion
during the next IESG telechat, scheduled for 1 December 2005.

-Scott-

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Philippe Le Hegaret [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 2:30 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; Dan Connolly
> Subject: Requesting IESG Approval for the Media Type 
> application/xenc+xml
> 
> Dear IESG participants,
>