Subject: [fwd] IETF: XML-Patch-Ops BOF in Vancouver (from: [email-masked])

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:40:27 +0200

Dumping here, as requested by Dan Connolly.
-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <[email-masked]>

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]> -----

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:32:12 +0200
Subject: IETF: XML-Patch-Ops BOF in Vancouver
X-Spam-Level: 

Hi Philippe, hi Dan,

I just stumbled over this, and was wondering if it's on your radar.

[[ 

  This BoF will discuss the IETF taking on generic work in XML
  resource manipulation.  It is not the intent of this BoF to
  charter a working group, but to review a proposal currently being
  put forward in SIMPLE and to discuss whether work of this type is
  a reduplication of existing work, a useful adjunct to existing
  work, or an appropriate replacement for existing work.  The BoF
  will discuss: 
  
      draft-urpalainen-simple-xml-patch-ops [1]
      
  and attendees should review it carefully.

]] -- http://www1.tools.ietf.org/agenda/64/xmlpatch.html

(That BOF is apparently going to take place at IETF 64 in Vancouver
in early November.)

From the draft:

[[

   An XPath selector is used to locate a single unique node from the
   existing XML document.  Once the node which pinpoints the target
   for the modification has been found, modifications like
   additions, removals or substitutions of elements and attributes
   can be done.

]]

1. http://www1.tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcmarkup/rfcmarkup.cgi?repository=http://tools.ietf.org&draft=draft-urpalainen-simple-xml-patch-ops

Regards,
-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <[email-masked]>

----- End forwarded message -----