Subject: Re: Agenda: W3C/IETF liaison call 20 June

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:08:41 -0700

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote on 6/18/07 21:38 +0000:
> I would also have one more question: status update on the progress of
> the application/wsdl_xml and application/wspolicy+xml media types.

application/wsdl+xml and application/wspolicy+xml were approved by the IESG and 
are now present in the IANA registry:

  <http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/>

                - Chris

---

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:58:41 -0400

>   <http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/>

Thank you Chris for the update. I'm still unclear how the process works.

1) Once W3C sent a request, should I refer to the IESG agenda to see the
status of the request? If I don't see on the agenda, should I ping you?

2) http://www.ietf.org/IESG/agenda.html indicates "Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-07-19)". Your announcement took me by surprise. Not an
issue really, but I'm curious to know how the IESG managed to get the
approval earlier than expected in its agenda. Btw, agenda item 6.3 and
6.4 in the agenda can now be dropped.

Thank you,

Philippe

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:08:58 -0700

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote on 7/12/07 13:58 -0400:
>> application/wsdl+xml and application/wspolicy+xml were approved by the IESG
>> and  are now present in the IANA registry:
>>

Yes.

> 6.4 in the agenda can now be dropped.

It was approved on the July 5th IESG telechat.

                - Chris