Subject: Requesting IESG Approval for the Media Types application/sparql-query and application/sparql-results+xml

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:00:01 -0400

Dear IESG participants,

This message is to request approval for the registration of the media
types "application/sparql-query" and "application/sparql-results+xml",
as described in SPARQL Query Language for RDF, Appendix D [1] and SPARQL
Query Results XML Format, Section 5 [2]. This message follows the
procedure described in the Media Type Specifications and Registration
Procedures, section 5.2, "IESG Approval" [3]. Those proposed media type
were sent for preliminary community review on November 24, 2005:
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2005-November/000894.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2005-November/000895.html

No comments were received during the review period. New requests for
comments were sent March 9, 2006:
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2006-March/001671.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2006-March/001670.html

No comments were received during the second review period.

We believe the two media types are now ready for IESG approval.

Thank you, 

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-rdf-sparql-query-20070614/#mediaType
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-rdf-sparql-XMLres-20070614/#mime
[3] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4288.txt