Subject: Update needed for application/wspolicy+xml

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:33:43 +0000

The media type for the Web Services Policy Recommendation [1] has been 
registered at [2]. Unfortunately, the registration does not point to the
REC, but to the CR draft [3].

Anyone has a suggestion on how to get an update in [2]?

Thank you,

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-ws-policy-20070904/#media-type
[2] http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-ws-policy-20070605/#media-type

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:36:11 -0700

>[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-ws-policy-20070605/#media-type

Send a message to IANA, asking that it be updated; at most, they will
pass the request by the media-types reviewer.  Probably, though, thy
will just update the document, since w3c is the registrant.

				regards,
					Ted

---

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 23:48:50 -0700

If the change to the link does not change the content of the media type 
registration, then my suggestion would be to just send email to IANA asking 
them to fix the link.

If there are substantive changes to the content of the registration, the update 
is supposed to follow the same procedures as the initial registration according 
to RFC 4288.

                - Chris