Subject: agenda+ Content Transformation Task Force

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 19:47:48 +0000

Mark pointed me to the Content Transformation Task Force in the Mobile
Web Initiative Best Practices Working Group. Since there has been
discussion around restarting work on HTTP in IETF, it seems appropriate
to present the work being in the task force at our next IETF/W3C call on
October 23. I invited Dominique Hazael-Massieux to join us.

[[
The Content Transformation task force will:
      * define the problem statement [1] and requirements relating to
        the scope of its work;
      * develop guidelines for the behaviour of the various entities
        within the delivery chain that might be able to transform
        content as they process. These entities include, but are not
        limited to, the origin servers and browsers themselves and any
        intermediary proxies;
      * develop guidelines for content providers to help them understand
        how to manage the capabilities offered by such entities;
      * identify any requirements which need the participation of other
        working groups, such as the Ubiquitous Web Applications Working
        Group, particularly where development of new normative
        specifications might be required. The group recognizes that
        expedient solutions that do not require such new specifications
        are preferred, even if they do not address the full range of
        issues identified.
]]

Philippe

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Jul/0001.html