Subject: Next call: 5/14

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:19:41 +1000

Our next call is scheduled for:
   8pm US/Eastern
   5pm US/Pacific
   10am (Friday) Australia/Eastern

Agenda items now being accepted...

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:29:48 -0400

> Agenda items now being accepted...

Can we have an agenda item on status of CORS and Web Sockets? Larry
Masinter is rightfully concerned that we don't have enough liaison
between W3C and IETF on those specifications (developed in the W3C
WebApps Group). My understanding that we have a cross mailing list
related to Web sockets. I also saw a message from you asking the IETF to
review CORS as well.

I asked repeatedly our Geolocation folks to provide an answer to the
IESG message but I still didn't see anything coming out. There has been
various extra communications that happened since then, including
involving Vint Cerf and TimBL. I'm wondering how much relevant it still
is to ask them to provide such answer. I could certainly explain why the
presence of Richard Barnes at the W3C meeting led the Group to believe
that they could move forward and publish without further communication
with the IETF. It wasn't Richard's fault, since he did not say he was
representing the IESG at that meeting, but simply of a matter of false
assumptions on the W3C Group side I think. On the technical aspects
enumerated in the message, geopriv and our group have been over them
several times already, even if they haven't been resolved to the
satisfaction of the geopriv folks, as far as I understand the situation.
I could certainly ask the chairs of our group to join us if necessary
(one of them is located in Oslo, so the call time would probably be too
late for him).

Philippe

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:50:26 +1000

> related to Web sockets. I also saw a message from you asking the  

Ack. The mailing list is:
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hybi
its scope is the general area that WebSockets, Comet/Long Poll, etc.  
come into.

> (one of them is located in Oslo, so the call time would probably be  

I'll follow up and see if we need anything else.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:51:35 +1000

One item I'd like to cover is the status of W3C TAG findings; it's  
been asserted that they carry some weight, both inside and outside of  
the W3C, but it's not clear what that weight is (at least from my  
understanding). Some clarification of this from the W3C side would be  
helpful.

Cheers,