Subject: Draft Minutes for 15 June

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:44:36 +1000

IETF/W3C call
15 Jun 2009

Agenda <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/w3c-policy/current/msg00541.html 

Attendees

   Present
          Plh, mnot, Thomas, TimBL, Yves, Alexey, JohnK

   Regrets

   Chair
          Mark

   Scribe
          Yves

     _________________________________________________________

Action Items

   Marks action done, all the other ones pending

httpbis

   mark: we have a few issues from the HTML5 folks
   on Content-Sniffing, we are close to a solution that fit their need
   without violating HTTP.

   The other request is about Origin, the httpbis WG think that no new
   header is needed.

   Another issue about Referer, should you send always one
   (about:blank) or not.

   <scribe> ACTION: Plh to ping DanC re Hypertext References work as ID

   discussions on both issues are promising

URI/IRI work

    http://esw.w3.org/topic/UriIriIssues

   The wiki page captures issues people have using IRIs in protocols

   John: discussion in Stockholm are possible not nothing official
   planned

   Difficult to have everything stabilized (like IDNAbis and LTRU)  
before having
   an in-depth discussion on this subject

     http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
     http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/idnabis-charter.html

   IDNAbis is trying to reduce the number of valid representation of
   URIs, will see how it impacts the IRI representations

   Plan is to have the work done by the Stockholm meeting, but it may
   shift

   Alexey: Mark can you organize a meeting during IETF75?

   Mark: will do so (but on the logistics side only)

Web Security Workshop

     http://esw.w3.org/topic/IETF_HTML5_Meeting_March_2009

   mark: not feeling a huge forward motion

Media Type request

   plh: trying to register media types for XQuery and XSLT.

   Alexey: in my TODO list

Next meeting

   mark: will have informal meetings in Stockholm

   tentative would be late august

   (some discussion about frequency... agreeing on august)

   Philippe will shoot for August for next IETF/W3C call. Fallback is
   beginning of October.

   ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Plh to ping DanC re Hypertext References work as ID

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 02:52:44 -0700

I'm returning from a couple of weeks vacation and am still buried under a
 couple of thousand emails, but the IRI work is high priority. I hope to make
progress on combining the Hypertext Reference draft with the IRIbis
draft soon. 

I'd like to meet and review the direction and discuss the open issues
around IRIs and Hypertext references, whether this is done formally or
informally. 

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark Nottingham
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:45 PM
To: W3C/IETF
Subject: Draft Minutes for 15 June

IETF/W3C call
15 Jun 2009

Attendees

   Present

   Regrets

   Chair
          Mark

   Scribe
          Yves

Action Items

httpbis

URI/IRI work

Web Security Workshop

Media Type request

   Alexey: in my TODO list

Next meeting

   ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:22:54 +1000

I haven't seen any comment here; will send out in a day or two.