Subject: draft agenda for 2012-07-02 IETF / W3C liaison call

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:10:20 +0200

We'll have bridge information about 12h before the call.

Proposed agenda per PLH and myself:

1. HTML5 + URI schemes

- web+ scheme prefix
- http+aes @ WHATWG

2. Media fragments working group

- progressing to REC
- not asserting authority over media type registrations
- normative reference from HTML5

3. hybi / websockets

- status update

4. IRI / URI:

- URL Working Draft published at W3C:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-url-20120524/

- IETF IRI WG progress?

5. WebRTC

- future of media capture API
- identity abstraction
- rtcweb progress @ IETF?

6. HTTP

- httpbis
- http 2.0

7. websec / webappsec

- progress updates

8. W3C plans for Testing Workshop

9. precis & TC 39 JS Unicode work

10. Vancouver IETF

- hot topics?
- who's going? Who should go?

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 14:50:17 +0100

I'm at a conference tomorrow and travelling back in the evening
so might miss some or all of the call.

S

---

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:55:08 +0200

Stephen just noticed that I was off by a day:  The call is tomorrow, 2012-07-03, *not* today, 2012-07-02.

Sorry,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[email-masked]>  (@roessler)

---

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 10:10:10 -0400

Adding a few pointers

> Proposed agenda per PLH and myself:

 http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/system-state-and-capabilities.html#custom-handlers
 http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/iana.html#web-scheme-prefix

> - not asserting authority over media type registrations

[[ 
The Media Fragment WG has no authority to update registries of all
targeted media types. We recommend media type owners to harmonize their
existing schemes with the ones proposed in this document and update or
add the fragment semantics specification to their media type
registration.  
]]
http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/

> - normative reference from HTML5

http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/media-elements.html#getting-media-metadata
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/media-elements.html#dom-videotrack-id

Also in CSS3 Images:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-images/#image-fragments

> 8. W3C plans for Testing Workshop

That's a very early notice btw. We're just starting to think about
making plans so no date has been settled yet.

> 9. precis & TC 39 JS Unicode work

This is more a IETF/TC 39 coordination than a W3C/IETF one, so we just
want it to be added in the IETF radar:

http://norbertlindenberg.com/2012/06/ecmascript-internationalization-api/index.html

agenda+ W3C I18n WG rechartering

there is draft charter for our i18n WG circulating:
 https://www.w3.org/2012/05/i18n-recharter/core-charter.html

It includes proposed REC-track work on character encoding, based on the
following draft:
 http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/encoding/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

> - who's going? Who should go?

Philippe

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:26:07 +0100

>  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/iana.html#web-scheme-prefix

I've an interest in how that might or might not
relate to draft-farrell-decade-ni and
draft-hallambaker-decade-ni-params.

S

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 15:58:51 +1000

> - who's going? Who should go?

11. JSON Pointer / JSON Patch

12. WebFinger

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 13:33:41 +0200

>> - rtcweb progress @ IETF?

Also:

- draft-aboba-rtcweb-ecrit

> 11. JSON Pointer / JSON Patch

13. SG 17 and mashups

14. Feedback on oauth v2 bearer token draft

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:03:38 -0400

If there is time (looking at the list, there may not be), I'd
like us to spend a few minutes discussing the nature and
processing of W3C Tag comments during IETF Last Call (or later)
on IANA registration procedures and other documents.

  john

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:06:37 -0400

>  https://www.w3.org/2012/05/i18n-recharter/core-charter.html

Seems to be password-protected.

---

From: Thomas Roessler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 15:11:24 +0200

> on IANA registration procedures and other documents.

Any specific examples that we should have in mind?

---

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:16:08 -0400

> Seems to be password-protected.

Fixed, sorry.

Philippe

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:36:49 -0400

--On Tuesday, July 03, 2012 15:11 +0200 Thomas Roessler
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>> processing of W3C Tag comments during IETF Last Call (or
>> later) on IANA registration procedures and other documents.
> 

draft-ietf-appsawg--media-type-regs and its predecessor
draft-freed-media-type-regs

I'd like to see if there is any way to have such comments be
either earlier than IETF Last Call or highly focused (the ideal
would be both), especially on topics that have supposedly been
under discussion on this list and with W3C member participation
on the relevant IETF lists since the time the work started.

Since the document has been approved, the substance of the
issues is no longer or interest.  But, to the extent to which
some of the purpose of this list is to prevent surprises,
especially last-minute ones, we failed in that particular case
and are showing signs of failing with the related, but still
active, draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs.  I'd like to
see if there is anything we should be doing differently to
prevent such failures.

   john

   john