Subject: FWD: Call for Participation IEEE P23026(tm) Working Group

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:59:26 -0400

I hope everyone relevant on this list has seen the announcement
below but, just in case...

On the IETF/IAB side and given our new and enhanced relationship
with IEEE, it might be worthwhile for someone to think about
whether a request for formal liaison with this group would be in
order.

Feel free to forward as needed.

   john

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Monday, October 08, 2012 08:24 -0700
From: IEEE Standards Association <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Call for Participation IEEE P23026(tm) Working Group

Click here to view the HTML version of this mesaage:
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,k
5mn,bh4w,llcw,lust 

Call for Participation IEEE P23026™ Working Group  

The IEEE P23026™ Engineering and management of web sites
Working Group (WG) is announcing a call for participation to
develop IEEE P23026™ Standard for Systems and software
engineering - Engineering and management of websites for
systems, software, and services information.
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,e
cyn,j9iz,llcw,lust

The purpose of IEEE P23026 is to improve the usability of
informational websites and ease of maintenance of managed Web
operations in terms of: a) locating relevant and timely
information, b) applying information security management b)
facilitating ease of use, d) providing for consistent and
efficient development and maintenance practices.

P23026 is a revision of ISO/IEC 23026:2004, which was the
adoption of IEEE 2001:2002. Practices for websites have changed
significantly in the last decade since the original publication
of IEEE 2001, which will be superseded by P23026. So far, the WG
has produced a revised working draft for P23026, which the IEEE
WG 23026 will expand and complete.

P23026 continues to apply a systems engineering approach to
website strategy, design, and ongoing sustainment. It applies to
those using web technology to present information,
communications and technology (ICT) information, such as user
documentation for systems and software, life-cycle documentation
for systems and software engineering projects, and documentation
of policies, plans, and procedures for IT service management. It
will provide requirements for web site owners and web site
providers, managers responsible for establishing guidelines for
Web site development and operations, and for software developers
and operations and maintenance staff who may be external or
internal to the web site owner's organization. It applies to web
sites for public access and for limited access, such as for
users, customers, and subscribers seeking information and
documentation on IT products and services.

This revision of ISO/IEC 23026 will emphasize information
security and privacy concerns, with reference to applicable
guidance and standards that were not in existence when the
ISO/IEC 23026/IEEE 2001:2002 standard originated. It will also
increase emphasis on the human factor concerns for making
digital information easily retrievable and usable for the
intended audience. It draws from newer standards on the design,
development, assessment and test of software user documentation
to apply those concepts to a wider scope of ICT information
delivered through websites.

Unlike IEEE 2001:2002, P23026 does not apply to websites used
primarily for marketing or sales, nor to User Interfaces (GUI)
for business or consumer transactional application processing.
P23026 does not apply to websites used primarily to deliver
instructional material. It focuses on vendor- and
product-independent considerations. It does not include
specifications for application development tools, programming
languages, metadata tags, or protocols for web page design based
on World Wide Web Consortium (W3C®) and related industry
guidelines. It does not address tools or systems used for
management or storage of information content (data, documents)
that may be presented on websites. It does not address the
design and architecture of software supporting the Internet. 

All interested parties are hereby invited to participate in the
IEEE P23026 WG. Your active participation and contribution will
be instrumental in developing a high-quality standard.

IIf you would like to join the  (
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,d
f9v,hlxp,llcw,lust ) working group, or have questions related to
IEEE P23026, we ask that you please contact:
Annette Reilly, WG Chair
mailto:[email-masked]

The Working Group meetings will be held via teleconference.
Those expressing interest in joining the Working Group will be
notified when the meeting date is chosen. 

The IEEE P23026 WG is sponsored by the System and Software
Engineering Standards Committee of the IEEE Computer Society

IEEE Standards Association 
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854 
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,d
e2,8sck,llcw,lust

Facebook:
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,6
zyh,h7fs,llcw,lust  Twitter:
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,d
62d,m46m,llcw,lust 
LinkedIn:http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1on
mj,3btj,k4te,2b0g,llcw,lust  You Tube:
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,f
5rd,elp,llcw,lust Blog:
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,5
1vu,gcc5,llcw,lust OpenStand!
http://ieeestandards.org/ct.html?ufl=f&rtr=on&s=8nv,1onmj,3btj,i
fkx,g9dk,llcw,lust 

To unsubscribe, send email with Subject: "Unsubscribe" to:
mailto:[email-masked]

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------