Subject: Requesting IESG Approval for the Media Type application/font-woff

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:55:03 -0500

Dear IESG participants,

This message is to request approval for the registration of the media
type:
 application/font-woff
 Appendix B: Media Type registration
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/PR-WOFF-20121011/#appendix-b

We expect to publish the Recommendation by the end of November 2012 and will update the final document appropriately.

The latest version of the specificaiton is available at:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/WOFF/#appendix-b

This message follows the procedure described in the Media Type
Specifications and Registration Procedures, section 5.2, "IESG
Approval" [1]. The proposed media types were sent for preliminary
community review on November 18, 2010:
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-types/current/msg01115.html

No comments were received.

We believe the media type is now ready for IESG approval.

Thank you, 

Philippe

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4288.txt

-- 
Philippe Le Hégaret, W3C Interaction Domain Leader
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://www.w3.org/People/LeHegaret/

---

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:33:12 -0500

Thank you. I submitted the registration form,

Philippe

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 10:02 -0500, Barry Leiba wrote:
> Hi, Philippe.
> We have relaxed the procedures in RFC 4288, and the new procedure is
> in the RFC Editor queue in this document, which will obsolete 4288
> when it's published:
> 
>    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs
> 
> The significant point for you is that SDOs can now register into the
> Standards Tree directly with IANA, without IESG approval.  Please use
> this forn:
>    http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl
> 
> ...and IANA will get the request and will respond directly and track the status.
> 
> Barry
>