Subject: [Webtransport] Call for adoption: draft-vvv-webtransport-overview

From: David Schinazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 17:00:07 -0700

Hi WebTransport enthusiasts,

As discussed in our meeting at IETF 107 last week,
this email starts a two-week WEBTRANS Working Group
adoption call for draft-vvv-webtransport-overview.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vvv-webtransport-overview/

The adoption call will run until 2020-04-14. Please send comments,
statements of support, and/or objections to <[email-masked]>.

I'll note that WG adoption does not mean that the document has WG
consensus yet, it just means that we think that Victor's individual draft
is a good basis for us to start a new WG draft.

As a reminder, an overview document is discussed in our charter:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/webtrans/about/
    To assist in the coordination with owners of the WebTransport API, the
    group will initially develop an overview document containing use cases
    and requirements in order to clarify the goals of the effort.

Thanks,
David and Bernard

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 01:25:25 +0100

I support the adoption of this draft.

IMO, of all the documents on the table, this is the tightest scoped and
broadly applicable.

Cheers
Lucad

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020, 01:00 David Schinazi, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Webtransport mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/webtransport
>

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:38:45 -0500

Hi, David,

> is a good basis for us to start a new WG draft.

I think this document is in good enough shape for the working group to
adopt.

>     and requirements in order to clarify the goals of the effort.

I do hope the working group focuses a bit on use cases in its work on this
document.

Best,

Spencer

---

From: Eric Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 18:35:55 -0700

I support adoption. 
It’s a good starting point and can be enhanced as necessary.

Thanks,
Eric

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:00 PM, David Schinazi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:02:52 -0700

I also support adoption.