Subject: [Webtransport] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on charter-ietf-webtrans-00-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 03:31:56 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-webtrans-00-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-webtrans/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Ben that it would seem appropriate to mention HTTP somewhere in
the charter.

I'm also a bit worried that this work is so closely coupled to the work on the
WebTransport API of another SoD that is further still in an unclear state. But
I also don't have a good solution to that. Probably correct to start with
requirement in this case...

I would like to see the relationship of this new group to taps clarified in the
charter!

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 08:56:22 -0500

> I agree with Ben that it would seem appropriate to mention HTTP somewhere in

The charter talks about "web" and explicitly mentions connecting to
HTTPbis.  What more is important here?  Please suggest text.

> I would like to see the relationship of this new group to taps clarified in the

Please suggest text.

Barry

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 15:24:50 +0100

Please see inline.

> On 5. Mar 2020, at 14:56, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
I would have expected more information in the second paragraph. However, as I would like to see more information to actually understand what the plan regarding to use or extending HTTP, I can proposed text.

>> I would like to see the relationship of this new group to taps clarified in the

Same here, I would like to know what the plan/intention/relationship is. 

Mirja