Subject: [Webtransport] WebTransport News...

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 00:06:38 -0700

The W3C is now in the final phase of review for the WebTransport WG charter:
https://w3c.github.io/webtransport-charter/charter.html

The latest draft of the WebTransport API can be found here:
https://wicg.github.io/web-transport/

If you would like to try out the WebTransport API via the QuicTransport
protocol, you may do so via the QuicTransport Origin Trial in Chromium.
Let us know if there is interest in exploring this further during the IETF
108 Hackathon.

A sample web page is here:
https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/quictransport/client.html
If you want a QuicTransport server to point to, but don't have your own,
you can try this one:
quic-transport://webrtc.internaut.com:6161/counter

Some pointers to help your experimentation go smoothly.

To avoid QUIC version conflicts, please use an up-to-date version of Canary
along with (for the server) the most recent build of aioquic (build 0.9.5
or later).

References

Documentation on the QuicTransport Trial is here:
https://web.dev/quictransport/
The aioquic repo is here: https://github.com/aiortc/aioquic
A discussion group is available here:
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/web-transport-dev
A tracking bug is here:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1011392

A copy of the sample client is here:
https://webrtc.internaut.com/quic/trial.html