Subject: [Webtransport] WebTransport at IETF 112 Hackathon

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 18:05:02 -0700

The IETF 112 Hackathon begins tomorrow.  The Wiki (which includes an entry
for WebTransport) is available here:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/112hackathon

For those looking to do interop testing with WebTransport, there is sample
code available.

The WebTransport API WPT tests are passing on recent Canary builds:
https://wpt.fyi/results/webtransport?label=experimental&label=master&aligned

The repo containing the Javascript code for the tests as well as the
protocol handlers is here:
https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/tree/master/webtransport

The WebTransport over HTTP/3 python server can be found here:
https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/tree/master/tools/webtransport

The h3 server and its handler framework is quite general and can be used to
implement a number of different tests.  Beyond testing basic interop (e.g.
opening a connection and sending/receiving data), the echo handler can be
used to build protocol compliance tests to ensure that any issues that are
found don't regress.

If you are interested in participating in the WebTransport project at the
IETF 112 Hackathon,  contact the Chairs and/or Victor.