Subject: [weirds] I-D Action: draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 11:52:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Extensible Internet Registration Data Service Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : JSON Responses for the Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP)
	Author(s)       : Andrew Lee Newton
                          Scott Hollenbeck
	Filename        : draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-06.txt
	Pages           : 82
	Date            : 2013-10-03

Abstract:
   This document describes JSON data structures representing
   registration information maintained by Regional Internet Registries
   (RIRs) and Domain Name Registries (DNRs).  These data structures are
   used to form Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) query
   responses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-json-response

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Naoki Kambe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:48:40 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

I found something like typo and have a minor comment on
draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-06.  The comment is about street
addresses of an entity.

Excuse me if this topic is already discussed.

---
6.3.  The Domain Object Class
     ...
     "ldhName" : "blah.example.com",
     ...
     "nameServers" :
     [

Should "nameServers" be "nameservers"? I found other two same typos.

---
A.1.  Registrants and Contacts
...
embedded entity that is both a registrant and admin contact:
...
         "roles" : [ "registrant", "admin" ],
...

Should these "admin" be "administrative" according to definition of
10.2.3.?  I found another same typo.

---
Appendix C.  Structured vs Unstructured Addresses

I felt confusion between street address in Appendix C and street
addresses described in RFC 5733(EPP Contact Mapping).

This I-D says here about these addresses:
...
   1.  post office box - not applicable, empty string

   2.  extended address (e.g., apartment or suite number) - Suite 1234

   3.  street address - 4321 Rue Somewhere

OTOH, an example in 3.1.2. EPP <info> Command in RFC 5733:
...
   S:          <contact:addr>
   S:            <contact:street>123 Example Dr.</contact:street>
   S:            <contact:street>Suite 100</contact:street>
...

In this werds I-D, addresses under street address are strictly
separated according to jCal specification.  But in RFC 5733, they are
all put into <street>. Also these orders seem opposite.

Especially for an implementor who is not familiar with US addressing
like me, it would be better if something like a hint for conversion
between them is described around here.

Regards,

Naoki Kambe

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:25:19 +0000

>Should "nameServers" be "nameservers"? I found other two same typos.

The style is to use camel-casing, so it is suppose to be "nameServers".
I'll look for the typos.

>10.2.3.?  I found another same typo.

Yes, it should be administrative. Thanks.

>between them is described around here.

We can work on an example conversion between 5733 and jCard. Thanks for
the idea.

-andy

---

From: Naoki Kambe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:09:15 +0900 (JST)

Andy-san,

Thank you for replying.

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:25:19 +0000
> The style is to use camel-casing, so it is suppose to be "nameServers".

Anyway the lower-case style seems to be used for nameservers here
(members description in 6.3.):

   o  nameservers -- an array of nameserver objects as defined by
      Section 6.2

Also a part of "nameserverSearchResults" is lower case.  I think it
would be better that we have a consistency.

Regards,

Naoki Kambe