Subject: [weirds] WEIRDS timeline

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:05:14 -0400

For those that were not in attendance today:

The co-chairs and our Area Director have collaborated to come up with the
following schedule for the remainder of the working group's milestones:

- All documents in Working Group Last Call no later than September 5
- All documents submitted for AD Evaluation no later than September 19
- All documents completed IETF Last Call no later than October 10
- All documents scheduled for IESG Telechat on October 16
- Any changes resulting from IESG Evaluation made and submitted by October
24

Accordingly, earlier this morning I set all the document milestones in the
datatracker to September.

The sense in the room this morning was that this is achievable.  Therefore,
please make every effort to do what's needed, including participating in
list discussion and posting draft updates or submitting text change
proposals, so that we can make all of our milestones and thus complete our
work on the Standards Track.

We are expecting text contributions soon from Peter Koch and John Klensin
regarding, respectively, the IANA Considerations wording in the bootstrap
document and an appendix about internationalization.  Those should trigger
a cascade of new versions and corresponding working group last calls.

This is a fairly hard deadline.  Toronto was our final in-person meeting.
If we miss on the first two milestones by any significant amount, we will
miss the rest of them and the working group will close having produced
nothing on the Standards Track, meaning we'll have to find new publication
paths for the documents.

Thank you all for your hard work and participation to date.  Let's finish
this and get it out to the world!

-MSK, WEIRDS co-chair