Subject: [weirds] Bootstrap: draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04

From: Guillaume Leclanche <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 16:09:09 -0400

Hello,

We have submitted a new version of the bootstrap draft, which
includes and compiels all the comments done since version -02.

draft: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04

diff with v2:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-02.txt&url2=draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04.txt

In details:

- Remove {resource}: The "resource" (i.e., the segment from the
query draft) will always be placed at the end, so it's redundant to
put {resource} in the registry.

- No longer using objects with arrays as keys. Everything is an
array.

- Removed "Should try in order" the different URL proposed for a
segment, as the registry will more likely want to do a round robin,
or the client may want to select one scheme in particular (https
over http). However it's likely that some implementations will
anyway implement this as "try first URL first"

- JSON validates json-lint

Guillaume

-------- Message original --------

Sujet:

New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04.txt

Date :

Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:39:56 -0700

De :

[email-masked]

Pour :

Guillaume Leclanche
<[email-masked]>, "Marc Blanchet"
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Guillaume Leclanche and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap
Revision: 04
Title: Finding the Authoritative Registration Data (RDAP) Service
Document date: 2014-07-03
Group: weirds
Pages: 13
URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap/
Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04
Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04

Abstract:
This document specifies a method to find which Registration Data
Access Protocol (RDAP) server is authoritative to answer queries for
a requested scope, such as domain names, IP addresses or Autonomous
System numbers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Jul 2014 17:36:12 -0000

In article <[email-masked]> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>Hello,
>
>We have submitted a new version of the bootstrap draft, which includes and compiels all the comments done since version -02.

Thanks, this addresses my concerns.

In case it's not clear to people reading it, this draft assumes a
revised rdap-query draft that removes the prefix

	http://example.com/.well-known/rdap

from all the examples, since the prefix now comes from the bootstrap.

R's,
John

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 11:00:45 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: weirds [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Levine
> Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2014 1:36 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [weirds] Bootstrap: draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-04
> 
> >We have submitted a new version of the bootstrap draft, which includes
> and compiels all the comments done since version -02.
> 

... and I plan to update the query draft once we have agreement on the text in the bootstrap draft. Since we're now past the cutoff date it will be post-Toronto.

Scott