Subject: [weirds] two questions about draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query

From: gerardo rada <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:01:20 -0400

Hey guys, when we tested our implementation in the interop, I emerged
two questions:

1) If we receive a request for some "path segments" other than these:
autnum, domain, nameserver, entity, help, or, domains, entities,
nameservers, we should return an error?

I think that, support other path segments should not be considered an
error. If someone decides to give additional services not described in
the draft, while not contradicting the draft we ought to allow them:

An alternative solution is to support a new path segment, something like
http://example.com/.well-known/rdap/ext/
or
http://example.com/.well-known/rdap/more/
and so we allow additional services in this path segment. This would
have to supplement it with a specification that describes any path
segment is invalid.

2) Similar to the previous case, the draft describes what to do when we
receive a request with method Get. but not sure of this: if I receive
other request: POST, PUT, DELETE we must return an error?

PS: Sorry for my bad English :)

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 21:33:39 +0000

On Jul 23, 2014, at 12:01 PM, gerardo rada <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think that, support other path segments should not be considered an error. If someone decides to give additional services not described in the draft, while not contradicting the draft we ought to allow them:
> 

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-weirds-rdap-query-10#section-5

> 2) Similar to the previous case, the draft describes what to do when we receive a request with method Get. but not sure of this: if I receive other request: POST, PUT, DELETE we must return an error?

Yes. We only do GET and HEAD.

-andy