Subject: [weirds] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 06:48:31 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- p4, where does it say what time is the publication time?  Is
it when the record is created/sent to IANA or when IANA get it
or what? 

- section 9, 1st para: I'm not clear what cache expiry
expectations we're setting here for IANA and dislike that that
is essentially a form of dynamic data intended to be related to
registry content that I don't believe IANA has previously been
asked to serve up. I think that's a bad plan.

- section 11 - this ought call for TLS as a MUST