Subject: [weirds] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-11: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 23:42:44 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-weirds-json-response-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-json-response/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In section 9 it might be worth saying a few more words about how
responses can be truncated.  Until I saw the example, I was thinking that
the JSON itself might be incomplete.  The example made me realise that
you're talking about limiting what is returned, not actually truncating
what used to be a complete response.  I'm OK with referring to it as
"truncated", but I'd like to see just a little explanation of the
situations you're talking about, so it's clear you don't just mean
snipping it in the middle.