Subject: [weirds] Obligatory timeline reminder

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 10:34:00 -0700

Colleagues,

Our revised timeline has us getting all six documents on the 10/30
telechat.  Backtracking from there, we need to complete a two-week IETF
Last Call no later than 10/29, which means it needs to start by 10/15,
which is one week from today.  That presumes that the IETF Last Call
produces no feedback requiring document changes, which is quite possibly
not a safe assumption (especially on bootstrap's IANA stuff and
internationalization), so it sure would be prudent for us to have a buffer
there in case something does come up.

Therefore...

Authors: Can we get realistic estimates for when your revisions based on AD
Evaluation will be posted?  If there are open issues, please help to drive
discussion on them.

Pete: I believe you have the token on bootstrap, at least in part.

Everyone else: There was at least one open issue on the bootstrap document
having to do with internationalization.  One person has responded with an
opinion.  Please participate in the discussion; whatever change is made now
has to have WG consensus before it can advance.

-MSK, WEIRDS "Nag early, nag often" co-chair

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 19:17:58 +0000

On Oct 8, 2014, at 1:34 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Authors: Can we get realistic estimates for when your revisions based on AD Evaluation will be posted?  If there are open issues, please help to drive discussion on them.

Edits on json-response are under way and should be finished either today or tomorrow. However, I’ve still heard nothing about a privacy considerations review.

-andy

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:49:33 -0700

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM, Andy Newton <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Authors: Can we get realistic estimates for when your revisions based on
> AD Evaluation will be posted?  If there are open issues, please help to
> drive discussion on them.
>
> Edits on json-response are under way and should be finished either today
> or tomorrow. However, I’ve still heard nothing about a privacy
> considerations review.
>
> -andy

I reviewed it during WGLC and I thought it was fine.  Since you
specifically asked (and from the No Good Deed Goes Unpunished department),
off the top of my head I have two other suggestions, which you can take or
leave as you see fit:

(1) "Privacy Considerations" to me refers to the IAB's recommendations
about how to make sure privacy issues are addressed, which were published
in RFC6973.  Invoking that section name might cause people to compare what
you're saying here to what's said in there.  You might want to give it a
once-over to see if it inspires you to say anything more than what you
already have.

(2) In RFC7070 I took a run at doing exactly what I said above.  You might
similarly find Section 8 of that RFC useful.

-MSK

---

From: Andy Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 21:47:23 +0000

On Oct 8, 2014, at 3:49 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (1) "Privacy Considerations" to me refers to the IAB's recommendations about how to make sure privacy issues are addressed, which were published in RFC6973.  Invoking that section name might cause people to compare what you're saying here to what's said in there.  You might want to give it a once-over to see if it inspires you to say anything more than what you already have.
> 
> (2) In RFC7070 I took a run at doing exactly what I said above.  You might similarly find Section 8 of that RFC useful.

Good idea. Having just read both 6973 and 7070, I don’t really see much more that can be added specifically regarding the JSON serialization of RDAP data. But I’m willing to take suggestions.

-andy

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 15:03:55 -0700

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Andy Newton <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Good idea. Having just read both 6973 and 7070, I don’t really see much
> more that can be added specifically regarding the JSON serialization of
> RDAP data. But I’m willing to take suggestions

I don't think I have anything specific to JSON.  I could probably come up
with some more general privacy things, but if what's in 7070 and 6973
didn't give you any ideas, then I don't have much else to suggest either.

-MSK

---

From: Ning Kong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:18:50 +0800

Hi Murray and Pete,

draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory-05 based on AD Evaluation is just posted.

Cheers,
Ning

在 2014年10月9日，上午1:34，Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]> 写道：

> Colleagues,
> 
> Our revised timeline has us getting all six documents on the 10/30 telechat.  Backtracking from there, we need to complete a two-week IETF Last Call no later than 10/29, which means it needs to start by 10/15, which is one week from today.  That presumes that the IETF Last Call produces no feedback requiring document changes, which is quite possibly not a safe assumption (especially on bootstrap's IANA stuff and internationalization), so it sure would be prudent for us to have a buffer there in case something does come up.
> 
> Therefore...
> 
> Everyone else: There was at least one open issue on the bootstrap document having to do with internationalization.  One person has responded with an opinion.  Please participate in the discussion; whatever change is made now has to have WG consensus before it can advance.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> weirds mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 17:00:03 -0500

> Pete: I believe you have the token on bootstrap, at least in part.

OK, so I have failed to get everything to Marc by yesterday as I 
promised him privately. Still working at it. My apologies.

Here's my plan:

- I'm going to Last Call the other 5 documents today. That way there's 
only one document on the IESG agenda with the "Only just completed Last 
Call" warning on the ballot.

- I'll note in the -rdap-query Last Call that -bootstrap is coming soon.

- I'm going to finish up with bootstrap ASAP. I will do everything I can 
to get comments to Marc tonight or tomorrow so we can hopefully have it 
out to Last Call early next week.

You'll start seeing notices soon.

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:11:26 -0700

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> to get comments to Marc tonight or tomorrow so we can hopefully have it out
> to Last Call early next week.
>
>
I'm going to take a run at some of bootstrap tonight as well, to try to
help get it across the finish line.  I'll post my suggestions to the list
ASAP.

-MSK