Subject: [weirds] Jari Arkko's Yes on draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 08:15:07 -0700

Jari Arkko has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap-10: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-bootstrap/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss cleared in favour of Barry's Discuss which covers the same
thing.

A few other comments:

Everyone should be aware though that we are creating a live database that
would be queried by software, not by implementors. 

Anyway, I think that is fine.

Suresh Krishnan had this comment in his Gen-ART review:

* Sections 5.2 and 5.3

-> The document uses some non-documentation addresses (AFAIK) in some of

the examples. e.g. 28.2.0.0/16 for an IPv4 prefix and 2600::/16 for an 
IPv6 prefix. Is it possible to rewrite these examples using reserved 
documentation addresses? Strangely enough, idnits does not seem to catch

them either.