Subject: [weirds] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:58:22 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-weirds-object-inventory/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see any mention of privacy concerns with ant of the elements
suggested for the RDAP model in this draft.  Although I think the sec and
response drafts should be the ones to state what actions can be taken,
this one describes the elements that should be in the data model (but
apparently doesn't match up exactly), so noting which are privacy
sensitive might be helpful.  I would have thought that was one of the
motivators for this work, but that wasn't included in the description for
section 1.

I do think this change should be made, but also think the changes are
more important in the sec and response drafts.