Subject: [wellknown-uri-review] Request for well-known URI: genid

From: Sandro Hawke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:48:36 -0400

The W3C RDF Working Group is producing a specification for how RDF blank
nodes can be safely and usefully mapped (Skolemized) into IRIs, through
the use of well-known URIs.  The latest Working Draft of "RDF 1.1
Concepts and Abstract Syntax" includes such a spec as section 6.6.1.  

The permanent URL for this latest version of this text is:
        http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-rdf11-concepts-20110830/#section-skolemization

I don't know whether this should be registered now, or if we should
wait until the document is farther along the W3C standards track.  The
Working Group has consensus on the current design and the string
"genid" [1], but there has not yet been wide public review, and the
document is still a Working Draft. The current schedule [2] has the
document completing its public review phase and becoming a Candidate
Recommendation in August 2012; perhaps we should wait until then, as
long as no one else is going to use the string in the meantime.

Also, should the registration template go in an email like this one, or
be an appendix to the spec?

Thanks for your help,

   -- Sandro   (W3C staff contact, RDF Working Group)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/meeting/2011-05-25#resolution_2
[2] http://www.w3.org/2011/01/rdf-wg-charter#deliverables

---

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:31:51 +0300

> long as no one else is going to use the string in the meantime.

Well, you may ask IANA to register it now but update the registration 
when the recommendation level is reached.

> be an appendix to the spec?

You could have the IANA Considerations section with the template and 
request for the action.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev

> _______________________________________________
> wellknown-uri-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/wellknown-uri-review
>