Subject: Request for well-known URI: acme-challenge

From: Roland Shoemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 13:18:03 -0700

Hey all,

The ACME draft RFC specifies a new well known URI
'/.well-known/acme-challenge' which is used for domain control
validation [0]. This URI is currently used extensively in production by
Let's Encrypt's server implementation.

Recently the CABF has introduced specific rules around the use of IANA
registered paths for validation [1] which mean we can no longer wait
until the publication of the ACME specification to register this path.

RFC5785 allows for paths to be registered given their respective
documents are likely to be published. Given the ACME WG is moving
towards entering WGLC would it be possible to register this path ASAP?

Thanks,
Roland

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-03#section-7.2
[1] https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2016-August/008184.html

--

Roland Bracewell Shoemaker
Software Engineer
Let's Encrypt / ISRG / Linux Foundation

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:16:34 +1000

Sounds good.

IANA, please register the value described in <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-03#section-8.1>.

Cheers,

> On 17 Aug 2016, at 6:18 AM, Roland Shoemaker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hey all,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> wellknown-uri-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/wellknown-uri-review

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/