Subject: Request for well-known URI: ecips

From: Wei Tang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 20:34:36 +0100

Hi all,

We're working on a solution to make a specification repository (called
Ethereum Classic Improvement Proposals) more decentralized, as this is
one of the thing that is often requested by our community. Our current
draft is based on federation -- basically by allowing an aggregator to
build up a list of repositories, and then fetch specification
information from a well known URI. We didn't use solutions like
ActivityPub because upgrading to it from the current structure is
complicated, and we don't need the majority of its features.

We need the well known URI both because we need to attest the
"authoritiveness" of the specification (it needs to have a single source
of truth in one particular repository), and also because for an
aggregator, fetching a repository with thousands of specifications by
individual URI would be too inefficient.

* URI suffix: ecips
* Change controller: Wei Tang <[email-masked]>
* Specification document(s): https://ecips.that.world/24-ECIPURI

-- Wei