Subject: Request for review

From: Dan Garcia Carrillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 13:45:19 +0200

Dear wellknown-uri experts,

I'd like to request a review of registration request for the URI 
.well-known/eap, which after the last IETF meeting of the ACE working 
group seems to be the best fit for the work found in  -- 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap

Summary: CoAP-EAP defines an EAP lower layer for CoAP, as a CoAP 
service. This entails communication between to CoAP endpoints to perform 
an EAP exchange to authenticate both CoAP endpoints so the newcommer can 
join the security domain and do so securely.

Thank you for your consideration.
Best Regards,

Dan.

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 10:51:49 +1000

Hi Dan,

Since this mechanism appears to be COAP-specific, would 'coap-eap' be workable?

Cheers,

> On 3 Aug 2021, at 9:45 pm, Dan Garcia Carrillo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I'd like to request a review of registration request for the URI .well-known/eap, which after the last IETF meeting of the ACE working group seems to be the best fit for the work found in  -- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-wg-coap-eap
> 
> Summary: CoAP-EAP defines an EAP lower layer for CoAP, as a CoAP service. This entails communication between to CoAP endpoints to perform an EAP exchange to authenticate both CoAP endpoints so the newcommer can join the security domain and do so securely.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> wellknown-uri-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/wellknown-uri-review

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

---

From: Dan Garcia Carrillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 12:13:38 +0200

Hi Mark,

'coap-eap' is acceptable to us, yes.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Dan.

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 13:26:21 +0000

Great. Thanks Mark for the response.
Yours, 
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Garcia Carrillo <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 6:14 AM
To: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Rafa Marin-Lopez <[email-masked]>; Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>; Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Request for review

Hi Mark,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Dan.

El 8/4/2021 a las 2:51 AM, Mark Nottingham escribió:
> Mark Nottingham   https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=90b758bd-cf2c61bd-90b71826-86fc6812c361-bcee3dc532374303&q=1&e=d068f9e8-6420-4b7c-b10b-f81abe3b84ec&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mnot.net%2F
>

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 10:14:10 +1000

Great. If you'd like an early registration, please see:
  https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7120.html#section-3

Cheers,

> On 4 Aug 2021, at 8:13 pm, Dan Garcia Carrillo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Mark,
>