Subject: RE: What is exactly, the procedure for killing a WG document ?

From: "Patil Basavaraj (NET/Dallas)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:06:57 -0500

> 
> 
> I have in the recent past wanted to kill a working group document.
> I think I know how to do it, but I would like to see on the wgchair
> Web page instructions on how to approve and purging working group
> documents.
>

An I-D which may have become a WG document previously may no longer be
considered critical or important enough for the WG to consider it as
such. The
easiset thing to do is to get support from the ADs why the chair(s)
believe that is
the case and then inform the WG about the decision to drop the I-D.
Allowing a
few days for folks to express dissent and reasons to keep it as WG doc
should be
allowed and if the chairs do not hear any real strong reasons or
support, just drop
it.
 
> How do you deal with uncooperative authors ?

If it is a WG document, you can nominate a new editor to take over the
document
if you feel that the current author/editor is not doing a good job.
Again this may not
be easy in certain cases (depends on the author(s)), but if you have
support from the
ADs it makes it easier. 

> 	Olafur

-Basavaraj