Subject: What is exactly, the procedure for killing a WG document ?

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:57:07 -0400

I have in the recent past wanted to kill a working group document.
I think I know how to do it, but I would like to see on the wgchair
Web page instructions on how to approve and purging working group
documents.

How do you deal with uncooperative authors ?

	Olafur

---

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:24:45 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

To remove a document from the WGs list, just send a message to Natalia
([email-masked]) or to [email-masked] and list the
documemnt name(s) to be changed to individual submissions.

The WG chair desiginates which documents are unders the auspices of the WG.
One way to handle problem authors is to designate their documents as
indivudual submissions.

If the problem is with the editor, find a new editor.

Steve

---

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:19:25 -0700

>How do you deal with uncooperative authors ?

As with many diseases that might inflict a working group,
preventive health care can be effective.  Occassionally
reminding editors and authors as to their role and
responsibilities [RFC2418] in the standards process can
be effective.  In particular,
   The Document Editor is responsible for ensuring that
   the contents of the document accurately reflect the
   decisions that have been made by the working group. 

Now, if an editor fails in their responsibility, you
should not fail yours:
   The Chair must make sure that authors of WG documents
   incorporate changes as agreed to by the WG. 

Make it clear on the list what WG decisions have been.
Instruct the Editor to implement these decisions.  And
if the editor fails, replace the editor.

Kurt