Subject: DOT USA (.usa) Domains Available NOW!!!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 14:32:06 -0600

.usa NOW AVAILABLE!!!

.usa NOW
AVAILABLE!!!

.usa NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Don't miss out on this ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!!! Not only
can you now support OUR economy, but also get
THE URL that matches the format of the ENTIRE REST OF THE
WORLD!!!The United States is the ONLY country with
.com or .net as the STANDARD extensions for it's
URL's!!! Canada (.ca), Korea (.kr), Cyprus (.cy), Taiwan (.tw)...

FINALLY we have access to
.usa!!!
ACT NOW!!! Get the
URL you REALLY wanted!!! PROTECT YOUR
CURRENT URL!!! In the INTERNATIONALLY
RECOGNIZED format recognized by EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE
WORLD!!!
Just click here

(it takes all of 3 minutes to register)!!!

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:51:36 +0100

--On 01-11-23 14.32 -0600 [email-masked] wrote:
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If now .usa is abailable, why doesn't the sender of this mail use that
domain?

Further, note in the HTML code sent how "safe" URL's for http is nowadays
(i.e. look at the onmouseover statement and compare what URI the href
refers to and what is displayed in the status line):

> <a href="http:www.qksrv.net/click-979252-5668924" target=" blank"
> onmouseover="window.status='http://www.dotusa.com';return true"
> onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;" onmouseout="window.status='
> ';return true;">

Sigh...

    paf

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 2001 10:47:55 -0500

Ok, so Javascript is just evil.  We knew that already... ;)

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
       Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
       URL: http://web.mit.edu/warlord/    PP-ASEL-IA     N1NWH
       [email-masked]                        PGP key available