Subject: architectural principles as ammunition against Bad Ideas

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 10:29:12 -0800

Just a thought:

For those of you struggling to beat down Bad Ideas that crop up in
working groups, you might (re-)read RFC 1958 and
draft-iab-arch-changes-00.txt.  Both are quite short, ~8pp, and
worthwhile reading.  It may also help smooth IESG reviews or at least
anticipate objections.

--aaron

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:05:08 -0600

well said.  i like 1925 too.

randy

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:51:56 +0100

> well said.  i like 1925 too.

Fair enough, despite that RFC's date.

draft-iab-arch-changes-00.txt will be discussed in the IAB plenary.
Improvements are solicited.

   Brian