Subject: Re: Thinking about a party at the Atlanta party.....

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 20:28:20 -0400

In message <[email-masked]>, Michael Mealling writes:
>On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 12:11:56PM -0700, Rob Austein wrote:
>> Scheduling for Atlanta is particularly tight.  After the plenary isn't
>> a great time, but it's probably about the best we're going to do.
>
>Is it just Atlanta or is the "nothing on Friday at all" rule starting to
>make it very difficult to actually schedule things during the week? I've
>run into these scheduling problems in several other places and at this
>point I'd rather opt for putting stuff on Fridays instead of trying to
>cram everything into so few days... And I live here! ;-)
>

Atlanta is an anomaly -- we couldn't get the hotel for Friday morning, 
so we decided to declare it an experiment.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:20:48 -0400

>so we decided to declare it an experiment.

The original announcement for Yokohama indicated no meetings on Friday,
but eventually one item (IPR) was scheduled for Friday.  The two sets of
tentative dates for March also seem to show a Sunday through Thursday
meeting.

Should we expect this to be an extended experiment?

Margaret

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:42:44 -0700

I think it's time to end the experiment and start having Friday morning 
session again.  The pressure it puts on scheduling the rest of the week 
seems too severe.

Bob

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Sep 2002 11:26:13 -0400

I've always thought that we should have friday afternoon sessions and
end at 3 instead of 11:30, but that's just me ;)  Lately I've felt
that there is just too much to do and too little time to do it,
and too many scheduling conflicts.  Part of this is due to the influx
of work taken on by the IETF, but that work still needs to get done
somewhere.

-derek

Bob Hinden <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think it's time to end the experiment and start having Friday
> morning session again.  The pressure it puts on scheduling the rest of
> the week seems too severe.
> 
> Bob
> 
> 

-- 
       Derek Atkins
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com