Subject: Re: New hardware installation configuration

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:03:25 +0100

hem... Steve...

for some reasons I'm investigating about, your message announcing the 
anti-spam filtering (see below) was actually caught by MY anti-spam filter, 
and thrown into the spam bucket...

It might be because it contains apparently a VERY LONG line (full body on 
a single line... do you use windows?), which is ending into some kind of 
buffering which sendmail does not like... or the word "spam" in it 
triggered some of the complex rules of the spam-filter.

Well, more interesting, is that anti-spam filters CAN make errors, and 
sometime trash a few non spam messages. Will somebody look by time to 
time to the spam-bucket to recover these few "innocet victims" ?

:-)

regards
Claudio

> Greetings, 
> 
> Tomorrow we will be adding hardware running TrendMicro's Interscan
> product. Initially, this will be configured to intercept email containing
> virues and other such nasties. EVENTUALLY (i.e. after the initial set of
> problems are identified and resolved), we hope to be able to intercept
> spam (not all, of course, but a lot) as well.
> 
> Cutover will NOT be immediate for everyone/list. The 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:03:04 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Claudio Allocchio wrote:

6
>>time to the spam-bucket to recover these few "innocet victims" ?

Yes

---

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 15:03:04 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

6

Yes