Subject: Note Well and other wicked things coming

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:33:11 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Greetings,

It has been a while since the Note Well text was sent to each WG list,
and it has been suggested that this should be done often. I plan to do so
RSN, but there is another reason.

As you [should] know by now, each WG email list is supposed to contain an
entry of the form [email-masked] ... but I suspect this is not
the case for all such lists.

Some time ago, I attemped to subscribe the required email address to a
number of wg lists, and the results were both educational and frustrating
(the latter being caused by scoya getting subscribed instead of the From
field content).

So, here's what's gonna happen:

The message will be sent to each WG email list. ADDITIONALLY, the wg email
archives at IETF.ORG will be monitored to see which wg archive received
the message... that is, identify those archives which do NOT receive the
message. 

A side benefit is that I will be able to figure out which wg list has
scoya as an entry, so I know from which list(s) to unsubscribe.

Also, beginning tomorrow, we will once again send out late milestone
messages (yes, the Milestone Tracker is back). The first batch will be
Application Area WGs.

BTW, I have already extracted the data that will be used to assemble the
messages, so last minute milestone updates will not prevent the message
(though it would result in fewer updates to post ;-)

Just so you know.

Steve