Subject: heads-up - terminology usage

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:52:12 -0500

someone mentioned today listening to discussion in working groups where a 
problem had not been resolved in the WG meeting, and the WG chair said 
"we'll take the problem offline".

The obvious intent is to take it to the mailing list, but to someone not 
used to IETF parlance, it might sound like "we'll solve this problem in 
private".

I think we're better off if we're clear that issues go to the mailing list 
for further discussion......

                     Harald

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:56:45 -0500

Hi,
 I don't necessarily want to raise again the discussion of tracking wg
items (i.e. documents fixing, tasks, etc..), but I would like to offer the
following, unless someone tell me that there is related work happening:
- I'm setting up a bugzilla server for the ietf wg/document tracking (not
for IESG since they have now their own)
- I'm offering to any wg chair to use the bugzilla server to track anything
they want.
- I won't make any modification to bugzilla code itself, but you are free
to contribute.
- the way I'm proposing to structure the database is that:
 + each wg is a "product" in bugzilla terminology
 + the wg chair(s) have liberty to add modules/... in their "product". one
use of modules could be one document is a module. but it is all up to the
wg chair (i.e. maintainer of the "product").
- it is up to the wg chair to have wg have access to the server or not, but:
- I intend to keep this server completly public (i.e. subject to attacks,
denial of service, ...), while I'll take the effort to manage it. So use at
your own risk. No garantee.

If you are interested in using the service, then
 please drop me a note or come see me anytime this week or at the
wg-iesg-iab meeting wednesday night.

If makes sense, I might setup a mailing list to discuss the use of it.
Unless we want to use the bugzilla mailing list that was setup for the
initial bof on that subject.

FYI: bugzilla info: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/bugzilla/

Marc.

------------------------------------------
Marc Blanchet
Viagénie
tel: +1-418-656-9254x225

------------------------------------------
http://www.freenet6.net: IPv6 connectivity
------------------------------------------
http://www.normos.org: IETF(RFC,draft),
  IANA,W3C,... standards.
------------------------------------------