Subject: Re: e2e security (was Re: stats from the text conferencing experiment)

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:00:26 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, Derek Atkins writes:

>
>My point is that, as an experiment, I think this would be an easy one
>to run, and it would probably block MOST spam.

"send code".

More precisely, send code for mailman or majordomo that checks 
signatures, and provides an easy-to-use administrative interface to add 
new keys.  I'm serious -- we can try it out in the Security area, where 
there should be a higher-than-average penetration of PGP or S/MIME 
users.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:24:39 -0500

There are worked examples of some of the code that would be needed for
this, eg, PGP::Sign and pgpmoose.