Subject: Re: e2e security (was Re: stats from the text conferencing experiment)

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:46:50 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, Randy Bush writes:
>send in your public pgp key when you su_bscribe.  if it is not
>signed by someone already su_bscribed (or in the mailing list
>host's super ring, then the su_bscription request goes to the list
>owner.

Probably works, though I'd worry about a Web of Spam...

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 14:31:36 -0500

> Probably works, though I'd worry about a Web of Spam...

When spammers start submitting PGP keys and signing spam messages
will be the day we've won.

-derek
-- 
       Derek Atkins
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com