Subject: RFC-Editor 48-hour process (was: Input solicited: IETF problem pi npointing at the plenary?)

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:50:37 +0100

When discussing changes during the 48-hour author call from
the RFC-Editor, the following came up from a non-WG-chair.
I think it is a usefull idea to investigate.

Juergen Schoenwaelder writes:

  In fact, I believe the whole process could work much faster if we
  could apply normal software engineering practices by making the RFC
  editor use a version control system such as CVS. This is perhaps just
  dreaming - but it is kind of strange how much effort we (I guess you)
  spend writing down edits in prose, checking whether the edits have
  been done correctly, or authors tracking RFC editor changes back into
  their own sources and so on. The open source community has largely
  agreed on using CVS for that purpose and it seems to work reasonably
  well. But yes, I am dreaming...

Thanks,
Bert

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Nov 2002 11:44:04 -0500

Makes *alot* of sense to me

PatC