From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:04:44 -0500

=09by ietf.org (8.9.1a/8.9.1a) with ESMTP id OAA19257
=09for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:58:25 -0500 (EST)
Received: from ec02-hou.bmc.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
=09by creeper.bmc.com (8.10.2/8.10.2) with ESMTP id gBAK1AL02181
=09for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:01:10 -0600 (CST)
Received: by ec02-hou.bmc.com with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
=09id <XVSK327D>; Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:01:19 -0600
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: "Presuhn, Randy" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: WG Chairs' training/information/resources?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:01:17 -0600
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)
Content-Type: text/plain;
=09charset=3D"iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-MIME-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by ietf.org id OAA19258
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

Hi -

INCITS had very good training for its committee chairs and other
officers. http://www.incits.org/officers.htm  Much of the material
was specific to that organization (detailed workflows, managing
liaison relationships, etc.) but that is precisely what made it
valuable for participants who already had "people management"
skills.  Other parts of the training were of special value to
people like me who didn't already (and perhaps never will)
have these skills.  Watching John Cleese in "Meetings, Bloody
Meetings" made the whole trip worthwhile.

One thing that I found  striking is the difference in emphasis
in the training on legal (antitrust, IPR) issues in working
group process.

 ------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn          BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 [email-masked]  2141 North First Street
 Tel: +1 408 546-1006   San Jos=E9, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 ------------------------------------------------------