Subject: RE: Response requested: Proposal regarding milestones

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:50:16 -0500

> > - Suggesting how they might re-charter to narrow the focus
> 
> funny, i am in the middle of a conf call on this very thing right
> now.  the pushback to keep a boil the ocean charter is amazing.
> having been unable to communicate that this is a serious problem
> (which has been mentioned by others as well) i have to decide
> whether to let the mess go and deal with the mess it makes over the
> next year or two, stall and talk while trying to get through the
> "the wg has consensus on this and you mean ad should not be
> blocking this", fire, or what.

I feel your pain (really).  So, lessons learned says try to create more
narrow charters in the future.  They are easier to expand after the issues
are clearer than to contract.

Kimberly

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:01:13 -0800

> lessons learned says try to create more narrow charters in the
> future.  They are easier to expand after the issues are clearer
> than to contract.

yup.  for some areas, they are *very* hard to contract or get more
specific up front.

randy