Subject: RE: Formalizing Design Teams

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 07:57:18 +0200

> >> Perhaps the solution is to make design teams more open.
> > Design teams are not inherently evil.  They can do much good.
> > When a secret handshake is needed to be involved, however, 
> > this is a bad thing.  I think some basic groundrules on
> > design teams are needed, at least to provide additional
> > transparancy.
> 
> so i need to certify who i ask for advice.  do i also need a 
> bathroom pass?

Nope, but the WG should know who is on the team and what the
purpose of the team is. DT without mandates is not a good thing.
DT should probably have a limited shelf-life and should report
on what they are doing.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:57:07 -0800

> DT should probably have a limited shelf-life and should report

actually, one wants a bunch of guidance for DTs.  but, by now,
i hope that somone with better connectivity/time has pointed out
where DTs are documented in process, 2418 i think, and then a
somewhat recent iesg attempt at clarification.

randy