Subject: Has there been any discussion of a WG chair social in SF?

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:35:59 -0500

I thought that was a valuable excersise in Atlanta.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:07:17 +0100

> I thought that was a valuable excersise in Atlanta.

It was, but we're "exploring the space".....

it's been suggested that we try to aim for *two* "WG Chair training" 
lunches in San Francisco, one for the "newcomer" chairs, focused on looking 
at process, and one for the "old hands", focused on sharing experiences 
(with some intro, and some discussion).

All would be welcome at both, of course!

If we do this in SF, we might want to do another chairs' social in 
Minneapolis.

(BTW, Nokia picked up the tab for the Atlanta chairs' social - we're 
running without a host in both SF and Minneapolis, so we don't have anyone 
obvious to ask to pay for it....we could always do a cash bar, of 
course....)

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:16:24 -0500

>obvious to ask to pay for it....we could always do a cash bar, of course....)

Do we know how much it costs?  A smaller company that can't
afford to host an IETF meeting might be willing to "pick up
the tab" for a WG chairs party.

Margaret