Subject: Stuckees and design issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:34:49 -0500

> Speaking only for myself, it would be easier to survey 
> stuckees than trying to envision how many people in the room 
> (which may be packed because of tourists), on the mailing 
> list (high lurker-to-poster ratio), or even on a variety of 
> design teams (if you weren't at the meeting) REALLY care.

A technique I've used with some success in meetings is to ask
for a show of hands of how many people understand or care about
the issue before asking for show of hands on the alternatives.
This depends on the honesty of participants to avoid "ballot-box
stuffing", but for all but truly enormous WGs, I think a chair
can develop a sense of who the regular attendees/participants
are after a few meetings.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:40:52 -0600

Hi, David,

I agree about being able to identify "usual suspects" - my most
recent time in front of the room has been at a BOF, and
I'm thinking a community that's just forming (during first year
after chartering) is harder.

But your suggestion is always appropriate, stuckees or no stuckees!

Spencer

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 2:35 PM
> To: Spencer Dawkins; [email-masked]
> Subject: Stuckees and design issues
> 
>