Subject: Question on giving posting rights to mailing lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:02:43 +0200

Hi,

Does anyone have a simple solution on how to grant posting rights
to someone (like [email-masked]) when using mailman on
an IETF administered list?  

What I think I want to do is to allow [email-masked]
to post messages to my mailing list, but not to send mail from
the mailing list to [email-masked].

Thanks!
John

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:49:48 -0500

Using the web interface go to the "privacy options" page and
scroll down to the "Addresses of members accepted for
posting ... " text box.

Melinda

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:53:28 -0500

> the mailing list to [email-masked].

I have a special entry in my mailman admin for Natalia to post
announcmente to our list.  You can create an entry and then mark
it as NOMAIL and ACK.  This allows them to post, sends them an
acknowledgement of the post, but does not send them mail from the
list.

Regards,
Brian