Subject: NEW INFORMATION about WG/BOF Chairs Training

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:54:16 -0500

Hi All,

We are planning to have two sessions in SF related to
WG Chairs training.  One will be the usual introductory
training session for new and returning WG/BOF chairs.  The
other will be a discussion session, open to all WG/BOF chairs,
regarding how to improve WG chairs training and resources.

The first session will be held on Monday, March 17th from
11:30am to 1:00pm.  This will be a introductory WG/BOF Chairs
training session for new or returning WG and BOF chairs
(or old chairs who think they could benefit from further
training). It will cover procedural issues on how to interact
with the secretariat, the role of WG chairs in the IETF
process, and some suggestions on WG management.

If you wish to attend this session, please RSVP to
[email-masked] by Wednesday, March 12th at 5pm ET.  The
location of the meeting will be sent to those who respond.

The second session will be held on Wednesday, March
19th from 11:30am to 1:00pm.  In this session we will:

	- Present an overview of the current WG chairs
		training program and support resources
		(i.e. introductory training session, web
		resources, mailing list support, etc.)
	- Hold an open discussion of our training and
		resource needs
	- Discuss options to improve our training programs
		and resources
	- Solicit volunteers for a design team to improve
		the IETF training programs and resources.

Some information regarding our current programs will be
circulated next week, to allow people to prepare for this
session.

If you wish to attend this session please RSVP to Margaret
Wasserman ([email-masked]) by Wednesday, March 12th at
5pm ET, and indicate that you wish to attend the WG chairs
training discussion session.  The location of this meeting
will be sent to those who respond.  Please note that the size
of this meeting will be limited, due to available facilities.

Margaret