Subject: SIP WG bugzilla instance

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 12:16:06 -0800

At the session on improving working group chair training
(and chair effectiveness), tools came up. The SIP related
working groups have been effectively using a bugzilla variant
to track document issues and help drive open issues to
conclusion.

It's available at http://www.sipwg.org (or http://bugs.sipit.net).

One point to bring forth at the beginning - we use this as
a tracking tool, not an alternative venue for list discussion.
Document/issue owners are able to make changes to a bug -
people ask the owner to add things to the tracking tool on
the appropriate list. The chairs make sure that the owners
accurately capture threads on the tracking tool.

RjS

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:46:52 +0200

Robert,

Any comments on how the WG & WG Chairs like it?

John