Subject: RE: A thought about agendas.....

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:44:59 +0200

Harald, 

An open ended request from the chair about agenda items does not
indicate that all requests will be honored.

I usually send an initial, open-ended request for agenda items,
with a note of what I consider to be the important issues.  After
I get a sense of what the WG feels is important (based upon
requests for slots), I usually get a fair agenda together.
I don't claim omnipetence as one of my chair duties, so asking
the WG for agenda items seems fair to me.

John
> At 14:58 2003-03-15, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> 
> 
> >--On 15. mars 2003 11:44 -0800 Aaron Falk <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> >>Harald-
> >>
> >>Is your comment that you are surprised that there isn't a strawman
> >>agenda proposed at the time the chairs ask for additional items?  If
> >>so, I agree that it's a lot more constructive to ask "is this
> >>complete?"  than "what should we talk about?"  (This is why 
> we insist
> >>on a draft before adding items to meeting agendas, right?)
> >
> >you said it better than I did. Thanks!