Subject: Internet-Draft difference tool

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:01:30 -0800

Given the right arguments, wdiff can output web pages with colored
differences.  A sample run:

http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/abr-alt.html

If there's sufficient interest I could be convinced to create a version
that runs on the fly against an I-D archive.  (Possibly even one that
doesn't delete old versions =)

  Bill

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:28:07 -0500

wish I had it yesterday...

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:39:19 -0800

> doesn't delete old versions =)

I've found tkdiff a nifty tool.  Works better for finding changes if
headers and footers are stripped.  Any chance you have a tool for
that, Bill?  I know I could write a perl script but just haven't found
the time...

--aaron

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:51:17 -0800

I have a very hokey perl script for stripping MIBs out of documents, which
includes stripping all sorts of headers and footers, but I'm not sure I
even understand it any more so I might not be able to support it =)

  Bill

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:07:19 -0800

The web publishing problem got fixed, so the script is now at
http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/htmlwdiff

Usage:  htmlwdiff old-draft new-draft > diff.html

  Bill

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:27:42 -0800

ok.  that's sexy

randy