Subject: WG Chairs FAQ

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 19:11:49 -0500

Hi,

At today's lunch I agreed to be the stuckee to maintain a FAQ
about being a WG Chair.  So, consider this a call for FAQs
(and their respective answers).  Feel free to send the FAQs to
be individually, or send it to the list.  I'll collect them
into the web page and get it posted.

The FAQ will (eventually) be posted off www.ietf.org somewhere.  Once
posted I'll send the URL here.

Thanks!

-derek, faq stuckee
-- 
       Derek Atkins
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 23:27:19 -0500

Note..  when you send me an entry for the FAQ, please ALSO send me
a proposed answer to your question....

-derek

---

From: Joseph Reagle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:41:18 -0500

> posted I'll send the URL here.

Something I wrote in 2000:
  http://www.w3.org/People/Reagle/chairing-a-WG.html
  Thoughts on Chairing the Harmonization WG

It's in the context of W3C process, but having been a Chair in both 
institutions it's not material to the substance.