Subject: Checking I-Ds for nits.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:23:07 -0500

Hi All,

How do people make sure that the draft submitted to the WG are compliant to ID nits on this page ?
http://www.ietf.org/ID-nits.html

Is there any tool available to help in doing this ??

regards
Mukesh

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there any tool available to help in doing this ??

I have a simple awk script that checks the formatting aspects.  It
does not check any of the content nits.  I've attached it.

                                                        -- Steve

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:01:43 -0700

> Hi All,
> 
> How do people make sure that the draft submitted to the WG are compliant to ID
> nits on this page ? http://www.ietf.org/ID-nits.html
> 

ideally, it would be nice if there was an automated service to do something like
this (kind of like the mib-checker from a decade ago... is that still running?)

alternatively, you can write your I-Ds in XML according to the rules in rfc 2629
and use an automated processor to generate the text, cf.,
http://xml.resource.org/

/mtr