Subject: ICANN Board Candidate Search

From: Michael StJohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 09:15:22 -0400

OK - as the designated IETF sacrificial lamb to the ICANN nomcom I need
your help.  The ICANN is looking for more than a few good men and women to
volunteer to be considered for membership on the ICANN board.  I'm looking
to you folks to come up with some names for the lions.  I've pasted in the
announcement that was sent to the IETF list on the 7th of April. If you've
got some ideas on candidates, you can either send them to me at
[email-masked] and I'll forward them to the nomcom,
or  (preferred) you can send them to the [email-masked] list.

Thanks - Mike

We, the ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom), have just posted our Formal
Call for Recommendations and Statements of Interest for the ICANN
positions NomCom will select. Please see
http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/formal-call-05apr03.htm This
information has also been distributed via the ICANN Announce list.
We would like to send a special invitation to the members of the IETF to
submit as individuals their recommendations and statements of interest for
the positions NomCom will fill. The success of this new Nominating
Committee process depends on the active participation of members of the
Internet community, and we are eager to encourage your attention to this
opportunity.
Our timeline is short because our goal is to be able to seat the New Board
and NomCom-selected members of the GNSO Council and Interim ALAC at the
conclusion of the Montreal ICANN meeting June 22-26, 2003.
We believe you will find in the posted Formal Call the information needed
about NomCom, about the positions to be filled, the eligibility and
criteria that apply, the review process, and how to respond to this
invitation. But we do understand that questions will arise and we would
like to engage directly with IETF members in our recruiting. NomCom is
therefore offering to participate in teleconferences organized by groups
such as the IETF to help launch the Nominating Process. If you would like
me and some of the NomCom members to participate in one of your
teleconferences, please contact me via email.
NomCom will be posting Frequently Asked Questions with their answers on the
NomCom web page http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/ and invites
comments via email to [email-masked]

We encourage all those interested in this new Nominating Committee process
to visit our webpage and to subscribe to [email-masked]
to receive notice of news from the Committee.
Let me also express my thanks for the excellent participation Mike St.Johns
has provided in the work of the Nominating Committee.

We look forward to hearing from you and your colleagues in the IETF.

Linda Wilson, Chair of the ICANN Nominating Committee