Subject: Bugzilla

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:15:14 -0400

Two questions:

1) Have those of you running Bugzilla had any actual
security problems related to it or mysql?
2) Do I recall correctly that somebody volunteered to host
Bugzilla for other working groups?

Melinda

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:14:44 -0400

> Bugzilla for other working groups?

Dunno about bugzilla, but Randy and I have been working on a setup to
let us host RT for any IETF WG that wants it.  In progress....

As far as mysql, the main bit of advice I'd give anybody using it is
to set "skip-networking" in the mysql server's config file unless you
really need the database engine itself to be accessible via the net
(in most cases you don't, you want apps like bugzilla or rt to have
access to the database and it's those apps that you want network
accessible, not the database itself).

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:43:04 -0400

> let us host RT for any IETF WG that wants it.  In progress....

Is it ready, do you think, for a guinea pig working group?

Melinda

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:43:42 -0400

> Is it ready, do you think, for a guinea pig working group?

Within the next day or three, I hope.

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 21:37:55 -0400

For those who are interested, we now have an RT service on rt.psg.com
that's available to any IETF WG whose chairs think that their WG would
benefit from using a tracking system.

Send mail to sra or randy at psg.com if you want to use this, and
we'll get you set up.

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:18:57 -0400

To answer the question that several people have asked:

RT stands for Request Tracker (it's a ticket/tracking system).

See http://rt.psg.com/ for more information.