Subject: Re: How long does it take on an average for WG I-Ds?

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:31:43 -0700 (PDT)

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Bernard Aboba wrote:
> > AAA WG has had documents in the RFC Editor queue since 12/02 with no
> > gating issues.  So it appears that RFC ed queue may be closer to 24 weeks
> > or even longer.
>
> 	The true history of: draft-ietf-aaa-transport-09.txt

The document I was talking about was draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-17.txt

---

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:58:41 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

Bernard Aboba recently wrote:

> gating issues.  So it appears that RFC ed queue may be closer to 24 weeks

Note that the RFC Editor was not even CC'd on that message.  Sitting
around complaining without talking to us is not a fruitful occupation.
It turned out that our records were slightly confusing about this
document, so we dug out the history.  Here it is.

Dec 12, 2002: -09 version submitted.

Jan 7, 2003: RFC Editor received message from AD Randy Bush saying that
	we should wait for a later version, in particular version 12.

	Note: at this point we had finished nroffing the 09 version, but we
	put it aside without further processing.

	We waited for version 12 to appear.

April 13, 2003: The author Bernard Aboba asked what was holding up
	publication he.  We asked Randy Bush, and he replied that his
	message had been wrong, we were supposed to be awaiting version
	11.

April 14, 2003:
	We fetched version 11 and put into our queue in EDIT state.

April 24, 2003:
	Document was nroffed, waiting for final proofing and QC from
	Joyce.	There were two documents totaling 220 pages ahead of it.

Today:
	Getting nearer the top of Joyce's stack.

Bernard, your Dec 12 submission would have been published in February if
you had not changed the version.  Your document was effectively submitted
on April 24.

Bob Braden for the RFC editor