Subject: Re: issue tracker links in ietf wg charter page?

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:51:15 -0700

There is already the ability to add a link to a wg-specific page
(e.g. see FORCES, MANET or OSPF).  Depending on the situation,
this could be a page with other information and a link to
the tracker, or simply a link to the tracker if that's appropriate.

  Bill

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:00:56 -0400

> the tracker, or simply a link to the tracker if that's appropriate.

I would like to see a slightly different twist to this request.  I
want to use the Draft Tracker (or a variant) at the workgroup level
to keep status on work items.  This would allow editors, reviewers,
and chairs to have a consistent mechanism for tracking document
state changes.

It would seem that the state diagram for WG level status would be
simpler than the current draft tracker.

Any idea if someone is looking into this?

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:27:45 -0700

> and chairs to have a consistent mechanism for tracking document

this has been a goal of dt since it's inception 2.5 years ago.

> simpler than the current draft tracker.

not clear.  send state diagram <grin>

randy