Subject: A suggested gathering point in Vienna

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:13:13 +0200

Finding a place to gather in Vienna after the IAB plenary turns out to have 
some challenges.... we finally settled on just suggesting a gathering place 
on Wednesday night that is open until 2 in the morning (rather than having 
Last Call at 2330).

We haven't reserved anything or provided free drinks - but I'll be there, 
and anyone who wants to come along is welcome.

our local hosts have found this place for us:

Location: Stiegl`s Ambulanz   (beergarden in the 2nd inner courtyard)

Adress:

Im alten AKH. Alserstraße 4, 1090 Wien
Tel. +43(0)1-402 11 50-0

Start: Wednesday july 16. 2003 at 11:00 pm

You can reach them from the ACV:

Fastest Way (3 changes)

>From U1 Station KAISERMÜHLEN/Vienna Int. Center > SCHWEDENPLATZ
change > U4 SCHOTTENRING > change U2 SCHOTTENTOR/Universität
> change Tramway Line 43 to Station SPITALGASSE
(or a short footwalk <= 5 Minutes Universitätsstrasse ? Alser Straße)

Easier Way (2 changes)

>From U1 Station KAISERMÜHLEN/Vienna Int. Center > KARLSPLATZ change
> SCHOTTENTOR/Universität > change Tramway Line 43 to Station SPITALGASSE
(or a short footwalk <= 5 Minutes Universitätsstrasse ? Alser Straße )

A Vienna map with a nice red ring where the restaurant is can be found at 
the following URL:

<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/vienna-map.jpg>

See you there!

               Harald

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:23:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Harald,

Lovely - is there a departure point, for those of us who would
like to travel in a herd?

Thanks,

Spencer Dawkins

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:21:10 +0900

>on Wednesday night that is open until 2 in the morning (rather than having

	until when the subway (U-train) runs in this city?

itojun

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:35:53 +0200

> like to travel in a herd?

at the IAB plenary, follow me off the stage :-)
people who want to escape early should find different procedures.....