Subject: Input to Proceedings for the 57th IETF Meeting

From: Rebecca Bunch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:07:44 -0400

***This message is for all Working Groups and BoFs that met at IETF 57 in
Vienna.***

Dear Working Group and BoF Chairs:

The deadline for submission of minutes and presentation slides for
inclusion in the proceedings of the 57th IETF Meeting was August 15,
2003.  As of today, 30 groups have not yet submitted any materials, 17 have
submitted minutes but no slides, and 10 have submitted slides but no
minutes.  The list of groups in each category is provided at the end of
this message.

Since it is important to document the work of all of the groups that
participated in the meeting, we have extended the deadline to Friday,
September 12, 2003.  If you wish your materials to be included in the
proceedings, then please send them to [email-masked] by COB ET on that date.

The current status of the proceedings is available at:

www.ietf.org/proceedings/03jul/index.html

If you have already submitted materials, we encourage you to review them on
line and send any corrections to [email-masked]

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

The IETF Secretariat
--------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca F. Bunch

Rebecca F. Bunch

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:08:06 +0900

Hi,

I visited www.ietf.org/proceedings/03jul/index.html and how surprised I
was ! No material for NEMO ?  How could it be ? We sent it long time
ago. I would be surprised that it got lost as minutes and slides were
submitted in separate emails.

Besides this, whether all WGs have submitted their material or not, may
I suggest that the link to the already-submitted-material appears in 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/directory.html ?

Regards,
Thierry

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 17:07:44 -0400

-- 

Thierry Ernst, WIDE at Keio University, Japan
E-mail: [email-masked]
Web: http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~ernst/
--
Jun Murai Lab
Keio Universty K-square Town Campus
1488-8 Ogura, Saiwai-ku, Kawasaki
Kanagawa, 212-0054 Japan
Phone : +81-44-580-1600
Fax   : +81-44-580-1437
Mobile: 090-9815-8023

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:26:43 -0700

I have a small nit to pick with the formatting of the proceedings.  I
submitted a nicely formatted text file for the DCCP minutes which has
been converted to html in a way in which all the formatting,
especially the various levels of indentation, has been lost.  I don't
really see the benefit of serving up a text file as html when browsers
render text quite adequately.  It seems to me as though this approach
will make the proceedings less useful.

Regards,

--aaron

Rebecca Bunch wrote:
>    2003.  As of today, 30 groups have not yet submitted any materials, 17
>    have submitted minutes but no slides, and 10 have submitted slides but no
>    If you have already submitted materials, we encourage you to review them
>    on line and send any corrections to [email-masked]
>

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:33:31 -0700

>will make the proceedings less useful.

I agree.  The ipv6 minutes also lost a lot of their formatting.  I would
prefer the original text version to be available.

Bob

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:49:58 -0700 (PDT)

Backing up slightly,

TRIGTRAN didn't meet in Vienna, so I didn't see what went to the
chairs re: meeting minutes, but is it written down anywhere what
format should be used (line length, etc)?

I can't imagine that we couldn't do a better job if we knew what
the end result should look like!

Spencer