Subject: [Fwd: RE: FNS Transcription Service Inquiry]

From: "W. Mark Townsley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:23:40 +0200

Result of inquiry from the first transcription company that popped up in Google.
Not so cheap.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: FNS Transcription Service Inquiry
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:20:19 -0400
From: Bob Lee <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

Dear Mr. Townsley,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our base rate for transcription is $245.00 per hour or event or tape.
Turnaround on one or two hours of transcription would be 24 hours.

If you have the kind of volume of transcription work alluded to in your
email to me, we could offer you a reduced rate of $195.00 per hour of event
or tape, and we would honor that rate for one year from the date of
completion of the first project.  So that rate, in essence, would be in
effect for one year.

As for technical presentations, we have a very competent staff of
transcribers, most of whom have been with us for 15 years or more.  As
evidenced by our website at www.fednews.com, we tackle a very broad and
highly technical range of issues and subjects.  All of our transcripts are
transcribed and then edited by a cadre of editors before being released to
our clients.

We can accept audio in virtually any format or protocol convenient for you,
including posting to your or our ftp site, audio or video cassette, disc,
emailed file, etc.  So if you decide to proceed with Federal News Service,
simply let us know what is most convenient for you.

Typically, we email completed transcripts and then return hard copies of the
transcript with recordings by mail.  Again, we can accommodate any method of
delivery agreeable to you.

One additional note.  Federal News Service is a diversified company.  Among
other things, we are a newswire with the ability to disseminate material to
virtually all national media, including the NY Times, LA Times, Chicago
Tribune, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, PBS, etc.  Transcripts released on our newswire
are automatically rolled over onto Lexis-Nexis, which means they are
available to researchers and interested parties in perpetuity.  We do not
release private transcription work absent explicit direction from our
clients.  However, if some of your events are such that you wish to have
them disseminated, we uniquely have that capability.

Given the amount of work you envision over the term of a year, we would be
most interested in working with you.  So if there are specific terms of this
response which may be unclear or unsatisfactory, let me know and we'll see
if we can accommodate you.

Again, my thanks for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Bob Lee
FEDERAL NEWS SERVICE
1919 M Street, NW, Suite 220
Washington, D.C.   20036

PHONE:  202-419-6175

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 4:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FNS Transcription Service Inquiry

----------------------------------------------

Event/tape duration:	one or two hours
Must be ready in:	5 day(s)

Services requested:
----------------------------------------------
Technical meeting, including presentations and open mic discussion. If
selected, this will be for multiple meetings of this type, up to 1800 hours
per year.
----------------------------------------------