Subject: RE: permanent home for ietf text conferencing

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 11:19:25 -0600

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 12:40, Ólafur Guðmundsson wrote:
> At 16:36 2003-10-29, Dean Willis wrote:
> >Marshall said:
> > > Subject: permanent home for ietf text conferencing
> >I worry that this might send a confused message to the outside world and its
> >large population of evil marketing types (as opposed to evil engineering
> >types ;-) . . .).
>
> So what is your point ?
> 
> Is it that Marshall's subject was missing one word "jabber" ?

I believe you've stated it exactly, and far more concisely than I did.
Thanks.

There's an implicit assumption in the original phrasing that Jabber is
the only text conferencing that IETF will ever ("permanent home") use or
need. Given that we're defining more than one protocol for conferencing,
I have to hope that this implicit assumption is not universal.

--
Dean