Subject: how about an IETF network services page?

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:23:57 -0800

Brett, et al-

Please consider posting a web page with network status information for 
ietf.org.  If you are planning upgrades on, say, spam filtering or a 
version of mailman this would be a good place to let the users know.  
We working group chairs rely on ietf.org lists a lot and know 
relatively little about how the infrastructure is managed.  More 
information would be nice.

Regards,

--aaron

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:28:34 -0800 (PST)

And, as an excellent example of the kind of thing that might be
mentioned - Harald mentioned in a private e-mail to me that we
are now encouraged to provide HTML meeting minutes, so that our
carefully-formatted notes don't get carelessly reformatted.

Good for the rest of us to know!

Spencer

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:50:26 -0500

Speaking of HTML minutes...can we simply use:

<pre>
...WG minutes here
</pre>

for those of us Luddites who prefer simple fixed-width formatting?

In fact, I'll make the suggestion that we have the option for unaltered,
fixed-width font formatting for the WG charter pages and the mailman mailing
list archives as well...

In my opinion, many of the arguments used to justify the rules for RFC
publication also apply to meeting minutes, WG charters, mailing list
archives, etc.

- Ralph

---

From: "Rik Drummond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:19:34 -0600

I agree with you on the fixed width formatting. Best regards, Rik Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Ralph Droms
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 6:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: IETF Action
Subject: Re: how about an IETF network services page?

<pre>
...WG minutes here
</pre>

- Ralph

At 04:28 AM 11/24/2003 -0800, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
>mentioned - Harald mentioned in a private e-mail to me that we are now 
>encouraged to provide HTML meeting minutes, so that our 
> > Please consider posting a web page with network status information 
> > for ietf.org.  If you are planning upgrades on, say, spam
> > filtering or a

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:45:20 -0500

Folks:

please do not cc iesg-secretary as a general rule. All such mail goes
into a trouble ticket system, and each of the cc's on the "Re: how
about an IETF network services page?" thread generates a new ticket,
as they are not responses with a ticket number in the subject.

So, iesg-secretary is fine for specific requests, but is not really
appropriate as a general cc for more open ended discussions (unless
they are specific responses to an existing open ticket).

Thomas