Subject: RE: Checking: who reads ietf-announce?

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:56:28 -0500

My problem with the approach is that I use an inferior MUA that has a finite amount of rule space, which I have exceeded.

A separate list would be MUCH easier and a better use of resources.  Why send announcements to people that are not interested in them?

-----Original Message-----
From:	Randall Gellens [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Thu 12/11/2003 3:34 PM
To:	Bob Hinden; Brian Haberman
Cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Re: Checking: who reads ietf-announce?
At 6:05 AM -0800 12/11/03, Bob Hinden wrote:

>  I do something like this locally.  I subscribe to ietf-announce and filter
>  the ID announcements and what is left to a separate mailboxes.  Of the
>  remaining announce email, I scan the headers and read them selectively
>  depending on subject line.

Me too.  I filter I-D and RFC announcements to their own separate
folders, and leave what is left in my IETF-Announce folder.
-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
"Lu fen dan, biaomiam guang" -- A popular Chinese saying that
figuratively means the government has patched over problems by
constructing nice new buildings.  Literally, it means, "Shiny on
the outside -- just like donkey droppings."