Subject: RE: "LAST Call for Input to the 58th IETF Meeting Proceedings"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:38:20 -0500

> > > Ninety-seven (97) working groups and BoFs met at IETF 58.  
> > > As of today 7 have not yet submitted any materials,

FYI, the following groups (and chairs) didn't submit minutes:

APPAREA: Ted Hardie
CALSCH: Pat Egan and Bob Morgan
IEA: Pete Resnick and Patrik Faltstrom
LDAPBIS: Kurt Zeilenga and Bob Morgan
MANET: Joseph Macker and Scott Corson
RTGAREA: Bill Fenner and Alex Zinin
SSM: Hugh Holbrook and Supratik Bhattacharya
IPSP: Hilarie Orman and Luis Sanchez
SAAG: Steve Bellovin and Russ Housley
SBSM: Wes Hardaker and David Perkins

Four of these ten groups were chaired by IESG or IAB members,
so it does not seem that we have complete alignment amongst
the leadership regarding the priority of submitting minutes by 
the deadline.

Interestingly, two of these groups (IEA and SBSM) were BOFs.
Do these groups plan to request WGs in the next few months?
If so, how would anyone who didn't attend the meetings be able 
to tell what was discussed or if there was any consensus to do 
the work.

At least we have plenary minutes these days...

Margaret

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:13:23 -0500

In message <[email-masked]
>At least we have plenary minutes these days...

I got the saag minutes in, but minutes too late...

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:18:12 -0600

On 12/20/03 at 1:13 PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

>In message 
><[email-masked]
>>Interestingly, two of these groups (IEA and SBSM) were BOFs. Do 
>>these groups plan to request WGs in the next few months? If so, how 
>>would anyone who didn't attend the meetings be able to tell what 
>>was discussed or if there was any consensus to do the work.
>

Same here with IEA; Patrik and I each obviously thought the other one 
would do it. I noticed 30 minutes after the deadline. :-( They're in 
now.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:00:52 -0800

>FYI, the following groups (and chairs) didn't submit minutes:

Not an alignment problem here, but an operational one.  These were submitted,
and there was apparently a problem with the attachments.  Digging into it,
I find that Rebecca sent me three separate notices about the problem, all
of which hit my spam filters at a high enough rate that they are in
"black hole" folder.    Apparently, someone joe-jobbed her in the past
and she was in my "known bad" senders list.  I've rescued her from that
now.

While we're in the arms race of fixing the joe-job problem, let me suggest
that the list of unsubmitted minutes should be sent to the wgchairs and
iesg as a continuing update during the update period.  In addition to the
usefulness of public notice of who's doing well and who's still out,
the list itself is white listed for most us and provides a second path.
		regards,
			Ted