Subject: Multicast Sessions

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:38:52 -0500

Are the directions for participating in multicast sessions posted anywhere?  I've got a bunch of people in NA and Europe that plan on joining my multicasted sessions, if they only knew how :-)

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:33:03 -0600

On 2/18/04 at 7:38 PM -0500, Eric Burger wrote:

>Are the directions for participating in multicast sessions posted 
>anywhere?  I've got a bunch of people in NA and Europe that plan on 
>joining my multicasted sessions, if they only knew how :-)

Have them start out by making sure they've got multicast access. An 
easy to test multicast content feed is <http://www.americafree.tv/>. 
Those with Macintosh's can just use QuickTime to do the deed. Those 
with other platforms might look at 
<http://videolab.uoregon.edu/download.html> for software options.

Once they're set with that, check out <http://videolab.uoregon.edu/> 
for the actual feed. The page for Seoul isn't posted there yet. As a 
matter of fact, the last thing posted there was from Minneapolis. But 
I'm sure it'll be there soon.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102