Subject: FWD: RFC Copyrights and Disclaimers for IPRs

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:21:05 -0500

------- Forwarded Message

From: Joyce Reynolds <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:05:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [rfc-i] RFC Copyrights and Disclaimers for IPRs
Reply-To: Joyce Reynolds <[email-masked]>

Following the publication of BCP 78 (RFC 3667), BCP 79 (RFC 3668), and
RFC 3669 on Feb 18, 2004, the RFC Editor has begun to incorporate into
all documents slated for RFC publication the copyright and intellectual
property rights statements called for by these documents.

We have placed on our web pages the current RFC Editor rules governing
RFC copyrights and disclaimers for intellectual property rights,
derived from the above IETF documents:

        http://www.rfc-editor.org/copyright.html

Joyce
(for RFC Editor)

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:56:17 -0800

> ...

this weekend, there will be a new release of the rfc2629-based tools
(xml2rfc and julian's xslt) that supports these changes for RFCs and
I-Ds.
    
/mtr

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:11:21 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the quick update.

And, *many* thanks, Marshall, to you and everyone else who has worked on
these tools.  I have found them to be far and away the best tools I have
used (and I've used quite a few in the last 15 years) for producing  RFCs
and I-Ds.

- Ralph

---

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:53:04 -0600

From reading the new RFC 3668, is it the case now that there is no
equivalent text to the old RFC 2026, section 10.4 (D) boilerplate text
that said:

         "The IETF has been notified of intellectual property rights
         claimed in regard to some or all of the specification contained
         in this document.  For more information consult the online list
         of claimed rights."

So the text given at

  ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc-editor/boilerplate.txt 

should now be used verbatim, whether or not there has been any notice
of specific IPR?

-Pete

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:47:50 -0800

> should now be used verbatim, whether or not there has been any notice

Yes, that's right.