Subject: Archives of WGs that are no longer active

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:01:11 -0600

Hello,

Does anyone know of a link to the WG homepages for WGs that
are no longer active? Of course proceedings of the IETF do
have this information but is there a resting place for WG
homepages when the WG is deemed to have completed its tasks 
and subsequently closed.
More specifically does anyone know what WG produced RFC2396
(Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax)

-Basavaraj

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:08:22 -0800

>(Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax)

On the specific question, the [email-masked] mailing is the still-active
component of the URI working group and the place where the -bis
document is being actively discussed.  On the general question,
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/OLD/index.html has the list
of concluded working groups and their charters.
			regards,
				Ted Hardie

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:52:33 -0800 (PST)

> (Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax)

Wouldn't it be nice if every RFC that was the product of a WG simply
said so?

Kireeti.
-------

---

From: Geoff Huston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:12:06 +1100

yep - rfc-index.xml would be a good place to see this information

e.g.:

<working-group>
     foo
</working-group

or in the case of individual submissions

<working-group>
   individual Submission
</working-group>

Geoff