Subject: Doing the beer thing again in Korea

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:52:11 -0800

Hi,

since the WG chairs get-togethers in Vienna and Minneapolis were fairly 
unstructured, fairly well attended and fairly popular, I figured we could 
do it again in Korea.....

so unless something unexpected crops up (such as nobody able to find a 
suitable bar!), I plan on just announcing a place to wander around to after 
the plenaries on Wednesday night, and say "WG Chairs are invited to 
congregate here".

Makes sense to folks?

                   Harald

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:11:02 +0100

> the plenaries on Wednesday night, and say "WG Chairs are invited to 

Sounds good to me :-)

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 03:42:18 +0100

Hi,

    Announcement: Venue for the WG chairs get-together.

    I've proposed a microbrewery close to the Hotel Lotte as the place
for WG chairs to wander around to after the plenaries on Wednesday
night.  Harald's response to my proposal was for me to send it to this
list with the annotation "Harald says this is where we're going"; which
I'm hereby doing.

Here are the details:

The microbrewery is named Kaiserbräu De Bassus and is some 5 minutes
walk from Hotel Lotte.  It is situated on the basement level of the
Myung-Dong Avatar Shopping Mall.  The place is fairly large, and should
be able to hold us; it's a bit more modern in the interior design than
the one in Minneapolis, but it has very good beer, brewed on the
premises (Yes, I went there and tried it... :)  The brewmaster is
Korean, taught by a German master brewer.

How to get there:

  Go out the hotel doors, and turn right. Go to the end of 
  the hotel block (you should see the huge 'sculpture' which looks a bit 
  like a structural model of a molecule).

  Turn right at the corner, and walk along the Lotte Mall for one block;
  now you  should see the sign of the AVATAR shopping mall across the 
  street, large letters on the second as well as fourth floor of the mall.

  Cross under the street, you should come up near the corner of the
  mall. On the right side of the mall there is a set of stairs leading
  down to the basement level, with a sign for the Kaiserbräu De Bassus
  micro-brewery.

	Regards,
		Henrik

Tuesday 10 February 2004, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> since the WG chairs get-togethers in Vienna and Minneapolis were
> fairly unstructured, fairly well attended and fairly popular, I
> figured we could do it again in Korea.....
> 
> suitable bar!), I plan on just announcing a place to wander around to
> after the plenaries on Wednesday night, and say "WG Chairs are invited
> to congregate here".
> 
> Makes sense to folks?