Subject: Educational Sessions in Seoul

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:32:52 -0500

Hi All,

The EDU Team is offering several training sessions on Sunday afternoon in Seoul
that are open to ALL IETF ATTENDEES.  These sessions include:

- Newcomers Training (in both English and Korean)
- Editors Training
- Introductory WG Chairs Training
- Security Tutorial

Details about these sessions can be found below.

Please note that you do not need to be a current Editor or WG Chair to attend
those sessions, these sessions are all open to everyone!  So, show up early
and learn more about how to work effectively within the IETF.

Margaret

Sunday, February 29, 2004
=========================

1300-1400  Newcomer's Training in English -- Location??  (Spencer Dawkins)

            An introduction to the IETF for new or recent IETF
            attendees.  Covers the IETF document processes, the
            structure of the IETF, and tips for new attendees to
            be successful in the IETF environment.

1400-1500  Newcomer's Training in Korean -- Location??  (ChangJoon Kim)

            [Include description on agenda in Korean, if possible.]

            An introduction to the IETF for new or recent IETF
            attendees.  Covers the IETF document processes, the
            structure of the IETF, and tips for new attendees to
            be successful in the IETF environment.

1300-1500  Editor's Training -- Location??  (Avri Doria)

            Training for current or aspiring IETF document
            editors.  Covers the roles and responsibilities
            of a document editor, and includes advice on
            producing a high-quality IETF specification.

1300-1500  Intro WG Chairs Training -- Location??  (Margaret Wasserman)

            Introductory training for new or aspiring WG
            chairs.  Covers the role and responsibilities of
            a WG chair, and includes advice on how to run a
            WG that is fair, open and productive.  This class
            is open to all IETF attendees.

1500-1700  Security Tutorial -- Location??  (Radia Perlman)

            All IETF attendees need to be aware of the security
            implications of our design choices.  This session
            offers a basic primer in protocol security, as well
            as advice on how to write the Security Considerations
            sections required for all IETF documents.