Subject: RE: WG Chairs Training Lunch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:45:31 +0200

Hi Margaret,

> >There had been some talk about allowing WG chairs to access/use the I-D tracker
> >for WG purposes.  Has there been any further thoughts about this?
> 
> Everyone in the IETF already has read access to the I-D tracker, so I assume that
> you are talking about write access...

Yes, I was talking about write access.  

In the training lunch, are you just going to discuss how to use the I-D tracker
(with read access) as a tool for WG chairs, or something elst?

thanks,
John

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:55:25 -0500

Hi John,

>(with read access) as a tool for WG chairs, or something elst?

Yes, in the WG chairs training lunch, we will describe how to use the 
I-D tracker
as it exists today to track WG documents through the later stages of the
document process, to understand and respond to IESG comments, etc.
There are some chairs who use this tool quite effectively today, and others
who don't currently seem to use it at all.

The session will also include a description of the IESG document handling
and balloting processes, so that WG chairs can better understand the
information that is available in the I-D tracker.

But, that's not all....  You also get a free lunch, and a chance to meet other
WG chairs.  :-)

Margaret