Subject: Re: Jabber at IETF 59?

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 08:14:14 -0500

Never mind.  It's working now.

???

- Ralph

-----
I just tried to connect to [email-masked] and [email-masked]
through Exodus and received the response "The room has been destroyed
for an unknown reason".  Is the Jabber service available or is there
some operator error?

- Ralph

At 05:04 AM 2/18/2004 -0800, Marshall Rose wrote:
> > I thought there was a permanent set up now, and that all that remains
> > is for us to use it.  E.g. I just logged into [email-masked]
> > - it was there and waiting.
>
>correct! all that needs to be done is to create the rooms for the bofs, etc.,
>which will be done later this week (now that the agenda is out).
>
>/mtr

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:16:02 +0900

I am using a Mac, so my options for Jabber clients are limited. I 
downloaded Psi, looked at the public servers list, and tried to 
establish an account with many of them, which failed every time. Does 
anyone have this working? Unfortunately my meeting was already at 9am 
this morning, so there was no jabber session.

TJ

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:25:46 +0900

> this morning, so there was no jabber session.

TJ,

I have been trying to register my Mac for a few IETFs now. each time 
with a range of mysterious failures.  For some reason, this IETF the 
most recent version of the tool "Psi" managed to register me at 
jabber.org (Nitro didn't).  I have no idea whether I did anything 
different this time; the implementations simply do not seem to be very 
stable.

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:30:13 +0900

> different this time; the implementations simply do not seem to be very 

Thanks for your experience. This is my first IETF with a Mac, though I 
have tried windows before and eventually been successful.

Interesting that you're succeeding with Psi and jabber.org -- that's 
the same combination I'm trying!

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:33:23 +0900

> this morning, so there was no jabber session.

Nitro works: http://nitro.jabberstudio.org.

    paf

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:39:10 +0900

Thanks. Maybe I'll try it at the next meeting. Hopefully these programs 
will be improved by the next meeting so that the majority of users can 
get them to work.

---

From: David Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:53:42 -0500

I downloaded Fire onto my MAC, and while I can log in to ietf.xmpp.org with 
jabber, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect to a WG chat 
room. If I just launch an IM window to a buddy named "sip" e.g. for the sip 
WG, I don't get into the SIP WG chat room.

Any suggestions?

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:53:10 +0900

On 2004-03-01, at 13.39, T.J. Kniveton wrote:

> Hopefully these programs will be improved by the next meeting so that 
> the majority of users can get them to work.

I have used Nitro for three meetings now and have had no problems at 
all.

    paf